Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rockstar Games

Old 02-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
zzcool

a message to rockstar WHY DO YOU HATE MODDING!

this is a message to rockstar WHY do you hate modding what is the reason that you have to block and block modding abilities over and over again i bought san andreas off steam which i REGRET doing as the game is not moddable due to file size checks so now i have to illegally download the retail version of the game in order to mod it

SO WHY R* WHY do you hate modding modding is what made all of your games AMAZING without modding not many would play san andreas untill this day gta iv without modding is just nothing you finnish it once and then it's done modding was the reason i bought your games i wouldn't buy gta 4 if it wasn't moddable instead of locking out modders WELCOME THEM include SDK's let people mod the game as much as they want GTA is MEANT to be modded so STOP blocking mods i bet over 50% of your customers are modders modding is what made your game stop blocking it

PLEASE!

sure modding to cheat in multiplayer shouldn't be allowed but modding in single player making the game twice as fun as it used to be there are no bad things about modding

please stop hating mods
Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
CalmWind23

If you have used google and typed "grand theft auto 4 mods". You would see the results.

The reasons they patched SA is because of "Hot Coffee Mod" and they were under heavy lawsuits.
CalmWind23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
zzcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmWind23 View Post
If you have used google and typed "grand theft auto 4 mods". You would see the results.

The reasons they patched SA is because of "Hot Coffee Mod" and they were under heavy lawsuits.
offcourse i know gta 4 can be modded i've been uploading youtube videos ever since modding started but thats not because of rockstar thats because of modders and rockstar is still trying to stop modding with file checks and everything

and yea i am aware of hot coffe but thats not the only reason
zzcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Take None

What is the hot coffee mod? What about it? You made me curious now, i am going to look it up on google.
Take None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
jerkl

because if they allowed modding, we can just do this:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8462/mod1n.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/19/furockstar.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7572/modd.jpg

btw anyone who says they disallow modding because of hot coffee is an idiot. the hot coffee issue was due to the fact that rockstar itself had programmed sex scenes into the game but removed it out of fear of censorship. modders were then able to re-activate those things.

so it's rckstar's fault for including that. but either way, sex and nudity is no longer an issue. the ballad of gay tony included a fully rendered , and now we have games like witcher 2 which have explicit sex scenes in them.
jerkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
d4MLiVE

Do you see all of the mods that GTA4 has?

I rest my case.
d4MLiVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #7
Cammalleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4MLiVE View Post
Do you see all of the mods that GTA4 has?

I rest my case.
Do you think those mod tools were easy to make with all the bypassing they have to go through ? I rest my case.
Cammalleri is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rockstar Games