Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
Dot.Shadow

Considering that the official word seems to be 1st of March for my country amongst others, how come you've chosen to move the release date?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
TormDK

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/forums/topic/48396

Seems like the mixup was between Valve and Relic, and us customers just got caught in the middle.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullist View Post
Agreed. Why should anyone pay pre-order anymore and give them the benefit of our money beforehand, when they manage to @$(*( things up somehow on every single release without exception.
Pre-order is simply a relic from the days when there were limited supplies of boxed copies of the games. Not really much point in having it now other than to make people buy the game before any reviews hit
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #19
b18c4

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Pre-order is simply a relic from the days when there were limited supplies of boxed copies of the games. Not really much point in having it now other than to make people buy the game before any reviews hit
well at times you are suppose to get it for cheaper than standard retail price too. But obviously on steam its not. I bought my game from gamersgate for 2/3 of the price they sell on steam.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
GrudgeWotA

Angry Well here's a question...

Does this mean I can get my money back? I mean it's Steams policy to only refund preorders and since I'm terribly disappointed at THQ thinking they can get away pulling stunts like this (yes I did actually take the day off tomorrow, because the release date was today), and I really couldn't care less for their marketing departments desire to screw over loyal and paying customers, so I should be in the clear for a refund right?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
Perturabo

As much as i hate to admit it, then there is a strong possibility that they dont even read this and if they did, they couldnt care any less..

Whats a "few" mistreated customers to them anyways anyways.

I would be ashamed if i had a company that treated even a single customer like this.

Step up and fix your error.

Quote:
Due to the complexities of launching Dawn of War II Retribution across multiple countries with different release dates and time zones, some countries experienced an early unlock for Retribution. A small number of customer activations went live prematurely in Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Malta. These activations had to be reversed.
These activations HAD to the reversed???

WHY??? Just accept the error and everyone would have been happy.. But no, for some reason this was the best solution.

I hope you are imbarrased.

Last edited by Perturabo: 03-01-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #22
TormDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeWotA View Post
Does this mean I can get my money back? I mean it's Steams policy to only refund preorders and since I'm terribly disappointed at THQ thinking they can get away pulling stunts like this (yes I did actually take the day off tomorrow, because the release date was today), and I really couldn't care less for their marketing departments desire to screw over loyal and paying customers, so I should be in the clear for a refund right?
It should. Go ahead and ask Steam support for a refund and be sure to cite your reason.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
Nullist

Copy of the ticket I submitted:
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Good Evening.

You announced that DoW2: Retribution would be released in Finland on the 1st of March.

Due to this, this morning you no longer sold pre-order packages which included wargear for 29.99. Instead you sold a normal package, with no pre-order benefits and no wargear, for the same price of 29.99.

I bought the only available package at the time, and logged in and played DOW2: Retribution normally.

Now however it seems you have changed your mind and decided that you made a mistake in the release date announcement and have
1) Announced the "proper" date as the 4th of March
2) Declined access to the game in Finland (though I had access this morning)
3) Removed the normal package for 29.99 and re-instated the pre-order packages for 29.99

What is the meaning of this? Do you recognise the complications and anger this causes? What are you going to do about it?

Unless you have some more equitable compensation to offer me, I would require that you return my money to me immediately in full.

I await your hasty reply and would add that the longer it takes the less likely I will be to ever buy a product through Steam again.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

I guess with this we have, again, proof positive that Steam also doesnt give a flying @($* about the final paying end customer.

Last edited by Nullist: 03-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
ooame

Last time i buy anything off Relic again. I bet you my bottom dollar that pirates will get to finish the game before i do.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series