Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods

Old 01-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #436
Jinoruizraged

I did not see the sticky. AWESOME!
Jinoruizraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #437
gorpie

Added links to official patch for CSS SCI-FI 3: Hardwired.

Thanks to phillipjfry6 for bringing it to my attention! And for making the first, unofficial patch.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #438
gorpie

Added links to new version of SMOD 4.0a!

Thanks again to phillipjfry6 for bringing this to my attention.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #439
Varsity

There's now a proper Metastasis patch.
Varsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #440
SilverMink

^ While I like that patch for the harder AI, it's not as stable as the one I made.

Some parts crash with an engine error, loading screen takes forever first install, and the original installer sucks horribly.

I'd highly suggest either using the version I made, or wait for an purely official update from from Adam Foster.
SilverMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #441
gorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
In what way is it "more proper" than SilverMink's patch?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #442
WeAreNotAlone

Minvera - Year after engine rewrite- still NO Adam Foster Offical Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMink View Post
^ While I like that patch for the harder AI, it's not as stable as the one I made.

Some parts crash with an engine error, loading screen takes forever first install, and the original installer sucks horribly.

I'd highly suggest either using the version I made, or wait for an purely official update from from Adam Foster.

RE: The Problem with Officially Unofficial MINERVA Patch posted by Varsity.

Problem is as SilverMink /Daftmink points out crashes occur- While on the other hand SilverMink /Daftmink's patch works PERFECTLY.

SliverMink/DaftMinks patch restores Minvera to a pre-May-2010 state- before the Mac-enabled "cough", cough" engine "update" maimed /wounded/negatively affected a bunch of mods.

(Brilliant marketing there Valve/Steam Inc... Push a "update" that negatively affects the 3rd party mods that has keep interest in the platform ALIVE. The least you could do when a (uninstallable) update occurs is to provide a way for EXISTING CUSTOMERS - to roll back to a WORKING STATE / Provide a "Compatibly mode".

Below is a post I made on Moddb- Response by Varsity was:
A: Mod was not installed properly (LOL)
or
B: Weak Video card/DX (which may be true)- Note that SliverMink /DaftMink is reporting he has gotten the SAME error message.

Quote:
13. Engine Error
Posted by DaftMink at 2:11PM, Sunday February 13 2011

On the map metastasis_2 I got this error.

http://mgofiles.com/Mink/Pictures/Minerva.Error.png

Was able to get by it by going a bit slower through the area, but still.

"Officially Unofficial Source 2009 patch", Crash with looping sound.

FRESH install of Metastasis
2007_10_03_metastasis_patched.exe
CRC32 FCDA2579

Patched with "Officially Unofficial Source 2009 patch":
2011_02_08_metastasis_patch_2011.zip (from moddb.com)
CRC32 E8FA700E

(Note: Alternate file name- Direct from Adam Fosters site = metastasis_patch_2011.zip
CRC32 E8FA700E)

Problem: Crash with looping sound
Map: metastasis_2
After hitting switch that swings I-beams back and forth that crashes thru door. You double back- going downstairs to where the (3) turrets were- with that swinging I-Beam.

When arriving on lower level- several enemies appear- normally I dispatch them before proceeding thru door damaged by I-beam.

While engaging enemies game crashes with following error message:

Too many verts for a dynamic vertex buffer (36120>32768) Tell programmer to up VERTEX_BUFFER_SIZE

Image below by DaftMink

http://mgofiles.com/Mink/Pictures/Minerva.Error.png

Wish Adam Foster would get around to properly patching Minerva....

Seems to me with Mr Fosters in-depth knowledge of Minerva, with him working at Valve now with direct? ACCESS to those programmers who wrote /rewrote the engine a "Official patch" would be doable in short order (compared to those that don't have insider info /contacts).

While I understand him not having time, other projects, etc as reasons for not producing a "Official" patch that restores Minerva to it's former pre-May-2010 state.... it's a shame that the mod that got him the job at Valve is not getting his attention.

(It sounds like a "Adam Foster Official Patch" has been pushed by the wayside- to put it nicely.)

Maybe with Mr. Tom Edwards (Varsity?) doing the grunt work on the Unofficial- Official patch- Mr Foster can do the final polishing?

Then again- Maybe Mr Foster's talents are level design and Mr. Tom Edwards is our only hope?....

Maybe Valve should hire Mr Edwards and put him in charge of a team that ensures new engines /updates don't break the mods that Valve has profited from all these years.

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/b...cleinfo&id=103

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone: 03-02-2011 at 09:50 PM.
WeAreNotAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #443
WeAreNotAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
In what way is it "more proper" than SilverMink's patch?
If you read the linky here- the answer will appear:

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/b...cleinfo&id=103

Quote:
Officially Unofficial - posted by Cargo Cult (AKA Adam Foster-Creator of Minerva Metastasis- who now works for Valve as a direct result of Minerva Metastasis being such a polished mod) on Tuesday February 8 2011

My mind's been somewhat consumed by some other project lately, so the fabled Officially Official MINERVA Patch For Source 2009 has been languishing on a hard disk for months.

Fear not, for the noble acolyte Mr. Tom Edwards has, with the aid of gentlemanly VMT editing and downright filthy hand-editing of entity lumps, produced the Officially Unofficial MINERVA Patch For Source 2009. Which you may download at the following link:
http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/f...patch_2011.zip
Quote:
I haven't had the chance to play through in its entirety, so I trust that all is in order! Please report back as to what wonders it may contain.
Maybe Valve should hire Mr Edwards and have him head up a team that ensures that "new" engines /updates don't break existing installs.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone: 03-02-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added Mr Fosters words in case page disappears- as the Minvera forums have.
WeAreNotAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #444
DirectVic

That might be the official update, folks.

So, don't be surprised if it's all we'll get.

Last edited by DirectVic: 03-02-2011 at 01:24 AM.
DirectVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #445
gorpie

Added link to the "Official Unofficial Patch" for MINERVA: Metastasis.

Retained the links for SilverMink's patch due to the following:

Quote:

Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #446
gorpie

Quote:

When you got the Engine Error, were you installing the patch over your patched version? Or did you apply it over a fresh install?

pizzahut quoted the following his this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by readme.txt
To install this patch, install Metastasis then unzip the patch archive to your SourceMods folder. If you've
installed the alternative "Fix for May-2010 update", you'll probably need to delete the Metastasis folder
and do a fresh install.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #447
pizzahut

I played through a fresh install of the mod with the "Officially Unofficial MINERVA Patch (For Source 2009)" and it didn't crash, so on some systems / video settings it will work just fine.

I can confirm that on first load it's processing the map(s) which takes a while.

The installer for the original Minerva (the patch itself doesn't have one) closes Steam, installs the mod, then starts Steam again, which probably requires that Steam is restarted manually again after installing the patch, since it's presumably using a different Steam App ID (Orange Box engine).
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #448
CatzEyes93

Hiya Pizzahut! Long time no see! How long have we known each other now? 10 years of tfc and SPUF? (wow!)

Thanks for the post. I think I am gonna try to play Minerfa again and see if I can get a clean start by way of your info.
CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #449
captain musha

hey erm...i still do not understand how to fix the korin mod..anyone help please?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #450
ciprian100

Unhappy Day hard mod engine error

hey can you help me with this error? http://i51.tinypic.com/mjmjag.jpg

it occurs at the laoding of the map dayhardpart3

Please help me!
ciprian100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods