Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series

Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 AM   #61
SpyRiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarutuF View Post
blissful ignorance. now go back to wow
Ah, love the "go back to WoW" comments, they're all over the official AoC forums as well whenever anyone offers one of the many criticisms of the game. Given the statistics and the constant spam I get from AoC begging me to come back, I'd wager that a lot of your forum goers (and non-forum goers) are taking that advice!

Enjoy your buggy ghost town. I heard the last patch reintroduced horrid rubber banding issues, sounds like a blast!
SpyRiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #62
Zombie.Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyRiggy View Post
Ah, love the "go back to WoW" comments, they're all over the official AoC forums as well whenever anyone offers one of the many criticisms of the game.
Just like the "wow is better" comments all those trolls like to spam in mmorpg-forums.

I'm not saying AoC is better, I just don't see whats so good about WoW. It was pretty boring for me.
Zombie.Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #63
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie.Crusher View Post
Just like the "wow is better" comments all those trolls like to spam in mmorpg-forums.

I'm not saying AoC is better, I just don't see whats so good about WoW. It was pretty boring for me.
Cataclysm is surprisingly good, have you played recently?
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #64
Zombie.Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Cataclysm is surprisingly good, have you played recently?
No I haven't. I don't want to spend my money on a game I'm pretty sure I won't like. I played WoW couple of months after release and I was pretty disappointed.

Guess I'm just not into casual mmorpgs.
Zombie.Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #65
xepherys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie.Crusher View Post
No I haven't. I don't want to spend my money on a game I'm pretty sure I won't like. I played WoW couple of months after release and I was pretty disappointed.

Guess I'm just not into casual mmorpgs.
Then you'd definitely hate it now. I LOVED WoW at release. I was in a hardcore raiding guild with a bunch of RL friends. There was sweet loot that you only could get by taking down the toughest raid bosses. The game was actually difficult. Now all the whiners have gotten their way, all gear is easier to come across, I think you get mounts at level 5 now (that was only partially sarcastic). It's pretty much the Texas Hold 'Em of MMORPGs now.

Anyway, I actually wanted to post about my amusement that the OP and first two commenters on this thread are banned. Bet it went down in a flame war, lol.
xepherys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #66
Hovis74

I've said this before in other forums and i'll say it here...

The ONLY thing that will kill WoW is WoW itself....

I've played it for 5 years, just recently quit and enjoyed myself for all those years playing. Look, it doesn't matter what game is better than another, each and every game has it's pros and cons. Each one is superior in different ways just as there are some parts of the old Everquest that's better than anything WoW OR AoC has done. The bottom line is this...find a game that you enjoy playing and have fun, we're not politicians here, ladies and gents, we're Gamers. We don't need to flex E-peens here, We spend our hard earned money and waste our valuable time to have fun with what we play, MMO or otherwise.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #67
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis74 View Post
I've said this before in other forums and i'll say it here...

The ONLY thing that will kill WoW is WoW itself....

I've played it for 5 years, just recently quit and enjoyed myself for all those years playing. Look, it doesn't matter what game is better than another, each and every game has it's pros and cons. Each one is superior in different ways just as there are some parts of the old Everquest that's better than anything WoW OR AoC has done. The bottom line is this...find a game that you enjoy playing and have fun, we're not politicians here, ladies and gents, we're Gamers. We don't need to flex E-peens here, We spend our hard earned money and waste our valuable time to have fun with what we play, MMO or otherwise.
Do you mean flexing on these forums or just in general? For a lot of people, e-peen has everything to do with anything ;D
Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #68
Hovis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Do you mean flexing on these forums or just in general? For a lot of people, e-peen has everything to do with anything ;D
lol..this is true..i mean with flaming and bragging in general on any forum
Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #69
SpyRiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xepherys View Post
Then you'd definitely hate it now. I LOVED WoW at release. I was in a hardcore raiding guild with a bunch of RL friends. There was sweet loot that you only could get by taking down the toughest raid bosses. The game was actually difficult. Now all the whiners have gotten their way, all gear is easier to come across, I think you get mounts at level 5 now (that was only partially sarcastic). It's pretty much the Texas Hold 'Em of MMORPGs now.

Anyway, I actually wanted to post about my amusement that the OP and first two commenters on this thread are banned. Bet it went down in a flame war, lol.
Accessibility =/= easier content. Heroic LK was probably the most difficult fight in the games history. Existing hard modes for 10 mans are stopping even the worlds top guilds in their tracks.

Yes, more people can get raid gear, but the challenges are still there.
SpyRiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #70
kjath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyRiggy View Post
This game is as much a WoW killer as Plants Vs Zombies is.
ironically, Blizzard saw the threat, so they payed homage in Cataclysm in return for mercy.
kjath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #71
berggren75

The fact that people feel the need to attack other games and fanatically defend their own just shows insecurity.

Why not just play the game you like and leave the rest to play the game they like?

Why attack what others like?

I played WOW since launch, on and off, and stopped recently due to boredom. I enjoyed my time in WOW immensely.

I am now playing AoC, which I havent played since the beta phases, and I am having a heck of a good time there now.

I'll return to WOW someday. But, for now, I love playing AoC.

So instead ot slandering a game, why not play it. You might actually like it.
berggren75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #72
M4nkoRid3r

I played AoC since beta, and detest it now.

FC have taken it in a horrible direction, and ignore most of the player requests since launch, many coming up time and time again. They rely on quick fixes that only making it worse, and never fix issues at the core.

More power to you if you like it, but there's a reason servers have been merged to 4 and population is still dwindling on pvp servers.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #73
Senate

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil19 View Post
AOC had alot of potiental at launch to truely be a wow killer, 1 million copies sold out the gate...but the game just wasnt finished. The devs im sure knew this but the publishers probably forced it.
I still play the game and recently picked up 12 month sub (free xpack with it), and since launch its improved leaps and bounds. Not the best MMO out there but unique is a MMO landscape dominated by orcs and elves.
big negative. Reason why it went out the door unfished like it did was quality control during hiring.
Senate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #74
DanMan3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiller View Post
You've been trolled. The game had been out for a year and a half before the Original post. everyone knew it was a high potential game that flopped due to bugs and crap support from the start.

so, go back to wow and the kiddies
seems that you were the troll mr. banned account. that sure is a shame because AOC is now the #1 mmorpg in the entire world! Also, wow went out of business.
DanMan3395 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series