Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atari: 80 Classic Games in One

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Joshyjess

I deserve it!

I bought this game some time back because like so many I wanted to relive so many of the classic games, just to find out that I wasn't going to be able to get this to work (actually I guess there is some sort of temporary fix, but it seems like it's more work than it's worth).
This game is a good lesson for me to make SURE I read the forums before purchasing a game. I knew better, but for some reason I just skipped over the whole doing my research part, and went ahead and bought the game anyway.
Hopefully the 5 bucks or so I spent on this game will go a long way to help keep me doing my part, and checking on the forums before buying games. So even though I don't like wasting my money, I guess I really did deserve it, because I didn't take 30 seconds to read what others have said.
I know others will say that you don't deserve to lose you money because Steam should check on these things before offering them, which I could also agree with, but since I knew that this could happen, and all I had to do to avoid it was quickly browse the forums, I go back to my original statement that I deserve what I got because I was lazy.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
eg0elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshyjess View Post
I bought this game some time back because like so many I wanted to relive so many of the classic games, just to find out that I wasn't going to be able to get this to work (actually I guess there is some sort of temporary fix, but it seems like it's more work than it's worth).
This game is a good lesson for me to make SURE I read the forums before purchasing a game. I knew better, but for some reason I just skipped over the whole doing my research part, and went ahead and bought the game anyway.
Hopefully the 5 bucks or so I spent on this game will go a long way to help keep me doing my part, and checking on the forums before buying games. So even though I don't like wasting my money, I guess I really did deserve it, because I didn't take 30 seconds to read what others have said.
I know others will say that you don't deserve to lose you money because Steam should check on these things before offering them, which I could also agree with, but since I knew that this could happen, and all I had to do to avoid it was quickly browse the forums, I go back to my original statement that I deserve what I got because I was lazy.
I disagree that you deserved it, steam should insure a basic level of quality for any product they host on their service.
eg0elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
Meusli

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg0elite View Post
I disagree that you deserved it, steam should insure a basic level of quality for any product they host on their service.
This is what GOG does and they are a smaller company...
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
eg0elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
This is what GOG does and they are a smaller company...
Except that GOG doesn't. Many of their products aren't updated at all and have numerous issues with modern operating systems. I cite Gorky 17 from personal experience.
eg0elite is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atari: 80 Classic Games in One