Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hegemony Gold

Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
giskarduk

Loving Hegemony: Philip of Macedon

Hello all

This thread is really aimed at those considering buying this game. A heads up if you will.....

Recently I decided to ignore bad games but sing the praises of good games. It seems better to put my efforts in to supporting good games rather than giving bad games any attention at all.

Hegemony: Philip of Macedon is one of those good games and I recently starting playing it and have been enjoying it tremendously. So much so that I made a Lets Play video to show it off to my friends. It may contain the odd error since I am a new player but the video will give you a good idea of what this game is about. I have included a voice over describing what you see.

http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk...lip-of-Macedon
Briefly

Hegemony: Philip of Macedon is a relatively simple RTSG that grows in complexity due to the games size. Its battles and campaign take place on the same map. So you zoom out to make your strategies for conquering all of greece and zoom in to fight your battles for a single town. Its actually a Supreme Commander/Ruse style system and very modern in design. Only it is used on a Total War style campaign map which is a very good use for it I think and gives this game a nice touch of originality that you just will not see from the big publishing houses.

I found it's design to be charming and the game play addictive I heartily recommend it if your a strategy game fan.

If a Dev of the game reads this, you need to look at the camp feature for princesses. Whilst the princess does not really need to be using it, the resulting CTD when it is used can be annoying.

Last edited by giskarduk: 03-20-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Heids24

Nice video. I picked this up at a steep discount during the holiday sale and just haven't gotten to it yet. This might inspire me to take look.
Heids24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
giskarduk

Yes a lot of my forum users picked up some really good games at a bargin price and are still playing through them too. This one was a pleasant surprise.
giskarduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Lanky48

Thx for the Video Bro!

It helped me realize that I have to starve out the opponents before I sack their city.

Enjoyed your effort and your pointers.
Lanky48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
giskarduk

NP

Link updated, website recamped.
giskarduk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hegemony Gold