Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime

Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
darkgriffin1986

Post Post if you want PS3 songs on PC

I don't care if it's after the PS3 release, or with it, but Please let us PC users get the extra 5 tracks too.

I'd even pay for it as a DLC/expansion pack.

Zoe Mode, I know you probably can't say one way or the other because it's way too early, but I figured I'd get a list of all your Steam fans who may not have a PS3 and would dearly love to play the new tracks/stages.

Alternatively, if there is licencing exclusivity issues in the way of bringing over those tracks, perhaps you could offer 5 new tracks for PC users too in the future?

Please don't leave your original PC fanbase in the dust, not all of us have a PS3, and with the cost of the console, some of us may never be able to afford one till years down the line, when the online store servers might not even exist for the platform anymore. (IE: next console gen)

To everyone else, if you sign, please state if you would pay for these tracks or not. Maybe if they can see there is enough of us willing to pay them more money, they will feel more inclined to give us some more tracks. I recall Zoe Mode mentioned once or twice that making the new tracks was a lot of investment in sound engineering, and not just a matter of clipping music, so if they stand to get some of that investment back it would make it more financially viable for us to get more songs.

darkgriffin1986, Signed, and would pay for them.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
eXodL

I wouldn't mind even other tracks released specifically for PC, as long as we get some more content that we can play. As much as I would like to see Chime Deluxe Edition for PC, I'm pretty sure Sony involved some exclusivity contracts for this game to see a release on PS3, so I don't see it happening.

New trailer with some gameplay and co-op mode: http://vimeo.com/20283491
eXodL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
WhiteTigerShiro

I don't necessarily care about the PS3 songs, but it would be nice to get some extra songs on the PC.
WhiteTigerShiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
FeralTyphMega

Yeah, I would like more songs for the PC version, also I would prefer it to be in DLC form as for the sake of my already crowded Steam library I would rather only have to have one Chime game in it instead of two.
FeralTyphMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Goteki-45

Yeah, paying for additional songs as a DLC would be a reasonable alternative to having Chime 2 with more/different songs if possible.

It'd make it easier if you wanted to play an original song and a new one back to back without needing to launch a different game.

I'd buy it
Goteki-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
DJ Cryotek

I just started playing the game, really liked it... but was shocked to realize there were only a few songs. What a total waste.
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
sweenish

i certainly wouldn't object to having more tracks.
sweenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXodL View Post
I wouldn't mind even other tracks released specifically for PC, as long as we get some more content that we can play. As much as I would like to see Chime Deluxe Edition for PC, I'm pretty sure Sony involved some exclusivity contracts for this game to see a release on PS3, so I don't see it happening.
I vote for this idea. They don't have to give us the same content as the PS3 version, but I would like them to give us some more tracks.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:46 AM   #9
ZoŽ Community

ZoŽ Mode
We definitely want to bring more tracks to PC, but it would have to be in a new version of Chime. The old game was written in C# and had some issues amongst which was a complete lack of support for DLC. We've now re-written the game from the ground up in C++ for Chime Super Deluxe and all the content has also been rebuilt with that. The bad news is it will take a lot of time and resources to make it run in a stable, releasable state on PC, so we won't be releasing Chime Super Deluxe there right now. The good news is, it's a much more solid, carefully built version which will work much better on PC than the old and will support DLC if we do manage to release it on PC; and we really want to do exactly that. After all, you guys are our biggest supporters!
ZoŽ Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #10
bonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoŽ Community View Post
We definitely want to bring more tracks to PC, but it would have to be in a new version of Chime. The old game was written in C# and had some issues amongst which was a complete lack of support for DLC. We've now re-written the game from the ground up in C++ for Chime Super Deluxe and all the content has also been rebuilt with that. The bad news is it will take a lot of time and resources to make it run in a stable, releasable state on PC, so we won't be releasing Chime Super Deluxe there right now. The good news is, it's a much more solid, carefully built version which will work much better on PC than the old and will support DLC if we do manage to release it on PC; and we really want to do exactly that. After all, you guys are our biggest supporters!
Very nice to hear!
I'd definitely buy a new, separate Super Deluxe version, even though I have Chime already.

What would be really great was some function to automatically parse MP3 tracks and import them into Chime, even if it's only rudimentary, as I'm aware that all tracks are manually edited for use in Chime.
If that doesn't work at all, how about an editor that allows the user to do the manual work himself?
bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Goteki-45

Quote:
Since there's no way of adding new tracks to Chime, would there be some way to have Chime's tracks workable in the newer PC version (for people who own both) to avoid going back and forth between the games like I mentioned in my previous post here?

Unless they come with the new version to begin with, that is :P
Goteki-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
blackice64

Saw the PS3 trailer, it looks great! I'm looking forward to the Chime Super Deluxe version.
blackice64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #13
Friendliest

would pay (a nominal amount) for more levels. (as long as there's no more john coulton!)

don't own ps3.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
Keyelite

Quote:
After all, you guys are our biggest supporters!
lol. It's been a over a year.
Keyelite is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime