Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #16
TestType

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspes View Post
1) We are aware that the 4:3 only mode wasn't such a bright idea A fix is underway, in version 1.1.x you'll be able to chose between a few different aspect ratios or just 'entire screen'
Hey Krešimir! Always nice to see developers stopping by. Hope you didn't take my comment too harshly.
Anyway, that is good news. How will you be accomplishing this? Will your artist add to the background drawings or are you simply going to cut off the existing backgrounds it to get it in widescreen?

I love point and click adventure games and the game looks fun with great art, just the lack of widescreen is a little off-putting for a brand new game in this age of widescreen TVs and computer screens.
TestType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
kspes

Cateia Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestType View Post
Hey Krešimir! Always nice to see developers stopping by. Hope you didn't take my comment too harshly.
Anyway, that is good news. How will you be accomplishing this? Will your artist add to the background drawings or are you simply going to cut off the existing backgrounds it to get it in widescreen?

I love point and click adventure games and the game looks fun with great art, just the lack of widescreen is a little off-putting for a brand new game in this age of widescreen TVs and computer screens.
The game's graphics was made quite a while ago by the game's author, and were drawn in 4:3, so true widescreen isn't possible for this game. We've made options to choose aspect ratios, so the game view can be stretched a bit if the user wants it while the gui has been programmed to look good regardless of screen width an aspect ratio. You'll see soon, it looks great

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games
kspes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Imperitus

Just out of curiosity how many lines of dialog are in the game?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
kspes

Cateia Games
the game has about 23.000 words altogether

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games
twitter | facebook

Last edited by kspes: 03-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.
kspes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
Imperitus

Yeah I can see how that might add up production time wise. Even with pro voice actors that's more than a couple hours in the sound booth. hehe

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World