Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
AtomicShockwave

Remove Barnacles from SP?

Is there anyway I can get rid of all the barnacles in HL2... These things freak me out so much that I never was able to finish the SP. (I have it since the launch in 2004).

I really want to finish it considering I really like the story.. but its just those tongues.. they freak me out like hell..

is there any console command or file I can adjust making it so I have no barnacles in the SP so I can finally finish the epic game that is Half Life 2.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
gmodperson

No there isn't a way to remove them without potentially corrupting the game.

But you could try and find a custom model that will change the barnacle and put that in the half life 2 folder. But the barnacles arnt really in the game that much, only really see them on the first few chapters.
gmodperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
AtomicShockwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodperson View Post
No there isn't a way to remove them without potentially corrupting the game.

But you could try and find a custom model that will change the barnacle and put that in the half life 2 folder. But the barnacles arnt really in the game that much, only really see them on the first few chapters.
damn looked on FPS banana but cant really find good skins.. I really tried playing again yesterday.. but it tenses me up waay to much
Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
gmodperson

i don't mean a skin i mean a replacement model, Yo could take the toilet from the game and use that for the barnacle just need to extract it from the files and rename and place in Half life 2 folder.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
AtomicShockwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodperson View Post
i don't mean a skin i mean a replacement model, Yo could take the toilet from the game and use that for the barnacle just need to extract it from the files and rename and place in Half life 2 folder.
I looked around in my HL2 folder but I have no idea how to do that..
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
gmodperson

You need this program: GCFscape

Once downloaded run it and locate a GCF called "Source 2007 shared models" (Typically in here c:/program files/Steam/steamapps) open it in the program and locate any model you want and extract all the files frmo the same area with the same name.

Then one you have them out rename them all to "Barnacle" and keep the file extensions. Then place them in:
C:\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\half-life 2\hl2\models

That should replace the barnacle model but may cause probems within the game if they do simple delete all the files you put in the half life 2 folder.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Bobby Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicShockwave View Post
Is there anyway I can get rid of all the barnacles in HL2...
SMG
Bobby Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
gmodperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bonsai View Post
SMG
This...

Also you could give a barnacle an object when its on its tongue get you gravity gun and pull that object carrying the tongue with it, and the move the tongue onto another barnacle tongue. as they both pull it will eventually kill them either by eating another one or a tongue being ripped out. (If only this could happen )
Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
seseorang

Just walk around them. And in the beginning, throw a barrel for them to "munch" on. Give it 2 pistol shots, stand back and wait... DO this again, and the rest can be walked around easily. Or you can have fun and lure enemies to them
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #10
SenpaiSilver

If you really want there's a console commande, I'm not sure about it but you can try:

Code:
ent_fire npc_barnacle kill
Maybe the "npc_barnacle" is wrong.
SenpaiSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #11
Piippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seseorang View Post
Just walk around them. And in the beginning, throw a barrel for them to "munch" on. Give it 2 pistol shots, stand back and wait... DO this again, and the rest can be walked around easily. Or you can have fun and lure enemies to them
I think the OP's issue isn't how to fight them. To me it looks like he's got some kind of phobia or something like that.

And yeah, replacing the Barnacle file with something entirely different (if you can't find good alternate skins) would be the best way.
Piippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #12
hahahehe

sv_cheats 1

followed by

god

That way you dont have to worry even if they do get you cause they cant hurt you.

:P

Be warned that enabling cheats will disable achievements on the save permantley, even is you disable cheats again achievements are still disbaled.
hahahehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Game Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahehe View Post
sv_cheats 1

followed by

god

That way you dont have to worry even if they do get you cause they cant hurt you.

:P

Be warned that enabling cheats will disable achievements on the save permantley, even is you disable cheats again achievements are still disbaled.
He's afraid of the tongues. That could just make it worse since then you're stuck being eaten by them if you do walk into one. Setting sv_cheats to 1 will only disable achievements until you restart HL2 not for the entire save
Game Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #14
gmodperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Zombie View Post
He's afraid of the tongues. That could just make it worse since then you're stuck being eaten by them if you do walk into one. Setting sv_cheats to 1 will only disable achievements until you restart HL2 not for the entire save
As soon as you enter Sv_cheats 0 achievements are enabled again.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
hawkshadow741

ugh
*shudders*
when they GRAB you it freaks the hell out of me

HL1 was worse because they PANTED when they had you
hawkshadow741 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2