Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 04-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Kevorkian680

What a joke

Im sick of even bothering with this game anymore, all i want to do is have one MP game without losing connection but tbh i really dont think thats going to happen, its not like i have crappy internet because all my other games run fine. I wasnt even bothered about the whole "press start" thing or even Whears my DX11!!??!11 for those of you lucky enough to be enjoying the game, good i hope you are because 30 pounds is a lot of money and for it to feel like you have wasted it is really annoying to say the least, i hope crytek pull their finger out and get this sorted asap because i had massive hopes for this game i mean its Crysis 2 for gods sake and look at what we got....
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
habitats

There, there - it's gonna' be alright.
habitats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Kevorkian680

No m8 i dont think it will be alright nice music btw xD
Kevorkian680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
lazy6pyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian680 View Post
Im sick of even bothering with this game anymore, all i want to do is have one MP game without losing connection but tbh i really dont think thats going to happen, its not like i have crappy internet because all my other games run fine. I wasnt even bothered about the whole "press start" thing or even Whears my DX11!!??!11 for those of you lucky enough to be enjoying the game, good i hope you are because 30 pounds is a lot of money and for it to feel like you have wasted it is really annoying to say the least, i hope crytek pull their finger out and get this sorted asap because i had massive hopes for this game i mean its Crysis 2 for gods sake and look at what we got....
Post not taken seriously because not understanding DX. DX11 is not magical graphic pixie dust that makes games amazing. It's just not. Go take a graphics programming class.
lazy6pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Kevorkian680

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy6pyro View Post
Post not taken seriously because not understanding DX. DX11 is not magical graphic pixie dust that makes games amazing. It's just not. Go take a graphics programming class.
WTF are you waffling on about? i know enough m8, i know that a lot of ppl are mad because DX11 should have been in the game from the start and it wasnt, but that wasnt something i was really bothered about. The SP looked Fine to me
Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Tonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitats View Post
LOL - G1 :-)
Tonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Tonis

Kevork - I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat as you. I've had this game for three weeks and have a major problem with constant disconnects.

If it makes you feel any better, go visit the MyCrysis PC forums and you'll see that Crytek has finally taken note and acknowledged the problem and have stated that they're looking into it. They've also taken note of other problems as well.
Tonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
jimmysmitty

Quote:
And you need reading comprehension. He said he wasn't mad about DX11. Meaning that wasn't what bothered him.

What bothers him is the fact that he cannot play a MP game without losing his connection while every other MP game he has works just dandy.

As for the OP, I would assume it has to do with the servers. Since they are not like most dedicated servers I doubt they are good enough. That or you are connectiong to a server on the other side of the world.
jimmysmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
Mekr

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitats View Post
That's kinda nice.
Mekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
BC2 Cypher

I think this is more appropriate.
BC2 Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #11
nrnoble

Quote:

I also would highly recommend course in Program Management and game design. Or simply making a game mod with a least 2-3 other people. The realities of putting something together are far more complex than the technical side of how things work.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
Kevorkian680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonis View Post
Kevork - I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat as you. I've had this game for three weeks and have a major problem with constant disconnects.

If it makes you feel any better, go visit the MyCrysis PC forums and you'll see that Crytek has finally taken note and acknowledged the problem and have stated that they're looking into it. They've also taken note of other problems as well.
Yeah Tonis isnt it a joke, thanks for the update i was kind of losing interest
Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Kevorkian680

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmitty View Post
And you need reading comprehension. He said he wasn't mad about DX11. Meaning that wasn't what bothered him.

What bothers him is the fact that he cannot play a MP game without losing his connection while every other MP game he has works just dandy.

As for the OP, I would assume it has to do with the servers. Since they are not like most dedicated servers I doubt they are good enough. That or you are connectiong to a server on the other side of the world.
Yeah i think he just misread my post which was probably easily done as i was high

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series