Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
m0d3rn

Question Gestures + Flags vanished from Portal 2 Backpack...?

Just a quick query to others - When I opened portal 2 for the first time and clicked bot enrichments, I got a slew of goodies to decorate and set up my bots, with a couple of gestures and some flags - as well as my TF2 hats.

I left these to play with later, and have now returned to dress up my little robo buddies for co-op, but all the gestures and flags have vanished from my backpack.

I know they where in the backpack, because I saw them when they first arrived, and now all that is left are my TF2 hats on rows further down, while the rows above them are empty with missing items.

Anyone else in this predicament?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
m0d3rn

bump...anyone?
m0d3rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
awickedonw

happened to me too, but now I can't access my backpack, I'm going to try once I get back from college and to better internet.
awickedonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
el_pesca

People said that if you open your Backpack and wait a few minutes/seconds the items will start poping up. Unfortanly, I cant verify it cause I still dont own tha game, but many people have confirmed it works, so try it yourself.
el_pesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
m0d3rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_pesca View Post
People said that if you open your Backpack and wait a few minutes/seconds the items will start poping up. Unfortanly, I cant verify it cause I still dont own tha game, but many people have confirmed it works, so try it yourself.
Ah I see. I might try this then.

Will let you know.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Leoholbel

Same happened to me, as you can see here. With the difference that the TF2 hats were never even found yet.

Don't know what to do either, will just give valve some time I think. I trust they'll fix it.
Leoholbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
banzaiwolfe

All of my stuff disappeared as well, I received it all last night when I first entered the bot set-up area. I had even equipped it on the bots, but now it's missing. Hope it shows up again soon.
banzaiwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
subsist

I think it may have been a glitch and Valve took them all away.
subsist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
The Big Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_pesca View Post
I can...unverify?...this as being not the case. Same thing happened, I got 30something items, but none of them ever appeared in my backpack, even after waiting ten minutes on the backpack screen.
The Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
el_pesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dawg View Post
I can...unverify?...this as being not the case. Same thing happened, I got 30something items, but none of them ever appeared in my backpack, even after waiting ten minutes on the backpack screen.
Many people confirmed, but it was mentioned it only works for some people (Maybe depending if you play it on PS3 or PC). Once again, I dont own the game and those are just things I found and so I cant verify if they work or not.

And prehaps thats a bug wich could be fixed (if there was a patch yet) as they wouldnt probably give items in a value of over 35$ in the store for free.
el_pesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
snowcone72

This happened to me as well. =\ Wonder if it was an accident that we got them in the first place.
snowcone72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
awickedonw

Yeah I got a lot of items 36 or so (some were skins for games in the potato pack I don't own if that matters),and when I went to equip it said I had no items. My problem now is that it says I'm not connected to steam when I try to load my backpack, even though I am connected. Oh well I'll just wait it out.
awickedonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
paragordius

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsist View Post
I think it may have been a glitch and Valve took them all away.

This is probably the case. I opened a support ticket and all I got back was something about receiving the promotional potato skin/hat in a few days; they seemed to miss the point entirely.

I linked them to this thread and I'll see what comes of it.

I hope valve makes good and gives us the stuff back to us even though it may have been a bug.
paragordius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
inikul

First started the game:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...4741D03B20C35/

This morning:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...7E676B86910A0/
inikul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
m0d3rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcone72 View Post
This happened to me as well. =\ Wonder if it was an accident that we got them in the first place.
I'd like to think that if this is the case, that Valve would at least take the time to release some sort of statement explaining the issue.

I assumed I got the flags because they corresponded with potatos I had earned in the potato pack, and generally thought that we got a couple gestures to start.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2