Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #451
DougV

I really appreciate everyone's patience while we work through the outstanding issues. We released an update this morning. Details are below. If your problem is solved by the update PLEASE take the time to close your Support Ticket so we can concentrate on any issues that weren't fixed. The update also added some additional logging for some less frequent crashes and ones we could not reproduce in house.

Portal 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Portal 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Portal 2
  • Fixed unrecoverable black screen in elevator save
  • Fixed infinite loop on Mac OSX server
  • Fixed Mac OSX font rendering and glyph corruption
  • Fixed GC memory leak
  • Various localization content improvements
  • Support for English subtitles in Turkish builds
  • Minor string/interface glitches
  • Fixes for multiple crashes
  • Improved detection and handling for various errors and/or crashes
  • Activated UI to enable joystick in-game
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #452
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtem View Post
Same...Maybe fix will release in next patch?
yeah i hope the next update is coming very soon, preordert the game and i´m not able to play, thats really frustrating
Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #453
xsmoke

I was getting "fire loop bug" continuously ... in single and coop.

Maybe there is a solution: Plug your joystick or controller or whatever you got out of PC. Do not just disable it in game - plug it out. This works for me.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #454
VonMudra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg2 View Post
I have the same problem. It's only the blue gun for me, and starts right after getting the dual portal gun. Once I press the button to place a blue portal it just sticks and keeps doing it over and over until I stop the game. Restarting at a prior save doesn't fix the problem for me, but I'll try restarting the chapter. Very annoying, and I'm guessing it's the game trying to use a controller....I've tried deleting all the Joy_ type stuff from the config and it just comes back after the next restart. I posted about this about 10 hours ago, but I'm sure the thread's like 10 pages down by now and never noticed.

Also, when I do a "verify integrity of the cache" there's one file that doesn't verify, it gets redownloaded, but the same thing happens when I reverify. Anyone else notice this? I'm not sure which file it is.

Same exact problem here....
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #455
CrEePz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
yeah i hope the next update is coming very soon, preordert the game and i´m not able to play, thats really frustrating
Damn man! I feel your pain!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #456
minorfreedom

Graphics Issue:

When running with two AMD GPUs in a Crossfire configuration I experience extreme slowdown when one portal is visible through another portal (i.e. a portal on the walls directly in front of and behind you). Where I'm always capped at 60 FPS everywhere else, regardless of graphics settings, I will drop to 25-35 FPS when looking through multiple portals.

The issue is no longer present when running with either Crossfire disabled or when playing in a borderless window (as Crossfire does not function in windowed mode).

Specifications:
  • GPU(s): 2x AMD Radeon HD5850 in CrossfireX
  • GPU Driver: Catalyst 11.3 & 11.3 CAP 3 (tested with 11.4 Early Preview driver as well)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 750 (2.6 GHz)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 v1.0 (LGA 1156)
  • RAM: 8 GB G.Skill DDR3-1600

Full DxDiag here: http://pastebin.com/BFKhPYTJ
minorfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #457
lewisnova

yes im getting aproblem never lainches after the loading screen crashes all the time

(never says why)
lewisnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #458
RJackson

The portal2.exe process launches, yet the game does not launch.

Verifying game cache files also skips from 0% to 100%.
RJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #459
THE YANCEY

Add me to the list of those who cannot play. My PC freezes at the first Portal screen. I have to do a hard reboot. Nothing I have tried seems to help.
THE YANCEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #460
Icemopper

I have a progress-stopping issue, at least until you die:
Spoiler:

During one of the last Wheatley tests. You start in a room with a vast expanse to your right that you eventually speed-gel over, then land in a horizontal beam of light to carry you to safety. Anyway, you have to first hit a button to make a box land on a platform above your head.

I decided to get the box down by shooting a portal high on a wall, shoot a portal to the wall opposite the box while falling, and fling myself over to the platform.

When I managed to pull this off, I could not remove the box from the platform. I could pick it up and move it around, but I couldn't take it off. Then I figured out the "real" solution, which involved using the light beam to bring it to me, but that wouldn't take it off the platform either. I ended up having to die to get it to work again.

I'm not sure if this is the map mentioned in the first post or not, I haven't tested it. I think it is just an invisible wall preventing the box from falling off the platform when it is deployed, but it stops me from using my own methods when I can.
Icemopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #461
FoxFactor

Should have seen the smile on my face when that glorious 150 mb update started downloading

I nearly jumped out of my seat... Hit the play button. While the download continued, I proceeded to retrieve a beverage to consume wilst playing this incredible game Apon hearing the sweat essence of portal menu music flowing through my house, I smiled!

apon return to my pc... it crashed ...
I restarted it again.. loaded a map, threw down two portals...and crashed again
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #462
p3taSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarKs View Post
Are you still getting the console error, or no errors at all?
Im still getting them when the Effect detail is set to High, not on medium though
p3taSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #463
SnarKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3taSan View Post
Im still getting them when the Effect detail is set to High, not on medium though
Interesting. Previously Medium effect settings fixed the lag issue for me with gels. But since todays patch it seems to effect me regardless of what the effect settings are. :/

EDIT - lol, nevermind i wasn't paying attention. I changed the effects detail to high after the patch and switched model to medium afterwards thinking it was effect >.> silly me.

Last edited by SnarKs: 04-21-2011 at 10:35 AM.
SnarKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #464
Omolong

Some of my friends on Steam are reporting that they aren't, and weren't both the patch, getting the issue with the gel, even on High Effect Detail.
Omolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #465
Quietman68

I've just completed the game and seen the credits part where the people scroll down the right and song lyrics on the left but no song played. I understand there should be a song here. All other sounds worked fine...
Quietman68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Tags
p2 bug tracker