Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crasher

Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Fraerostat

Lightbulb Some suggestions from a relatively new player

Hello to all. I've started playing crasher about a week ago, and I must say I'm enjoying this little game quite a lot.

Still, I've seen some things change during the last days of the sale: the initially small and friendly community has come closer to multiplayer standards, noob-calling and mum jokes included. Which brings me to my point: you should really start rethinking the way servers work, especially if you plan on giving free weekends away(great idea, btw).

Some of the things I've encountered:

-Players setting up very unbalanced teams "for the free XP" (and stats)
-Players kicking high-lvls because they're afraid of them (!!)
-Mass rage-quitting (that's an old one)
-Getting kicked repeatedly when asking to equilibrate teams
-Last second team changes that result in unbalanced matches, again for the XP and stats...

So, in my opinion, you should not let players administer servers, it's only expected that some will abuse the system if they are allowed. Have the official servers set up with some kind of auto-balancing, a few servers for each map 24/7, and a few servers on map rotation. Have servers keep players in instead of having to reconnect after each match. And, of course, let players join mid-game to replace quitters.

These changes would not only make a better game for us already playing, but would also help attract more people in: Imagine trying the demo for the first time, joining what seems to be an official server and, after enduring all the ready rage while you're trying to choose a car, getting kicked, or, even worse, getting thrown into a team that has no hope of winning. You'd probably never even bother launching the game again.

That's it from me now, I'll probably be back with some more suggestions soon.

Nice to meet you all, hope we meet in-game too.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraerostat View Post
Hello to all. I've started playing crasher about a week ago, and I must say I'm enjoying this little game quite a lot.

Still, I've seen some things change during the last days of the sale: the initially small and friendly community has come closer to multiplayer standards, noob-calling and mum jokes included. Which brings me to my point: you should really start rethinking the way servers work, especially if you plan on giving free weekends away(great idea, btw).

Some of the things I've encountered:

-Players setting up very unbalanced teams "for the free XP" (and stats)
-Players kicking high-lvls because they're afraid of them (!!)
-Mass rage-quitting (that's an old one)
-Getting kicked repeatedly when asking to equilibrate teams
-Last second team changes that result in unbalanced matches, again for the XP and stats...

So, in my opinion, you should not let players administer servers, it's only expected that some will abuse the system if they are allowed. Have the official servers set up with some kind of auto-balancing, a few servers for each map 24/7, and a few servers on map rotation. Have servers keep players in instead of having to reconnect after each match. And, of course, let players join mid-game to replace quitters.

These changes would not only make a better game for us already playing, but would also help attract more people in: Imagine trying the demo for the first time, joining what seems to be an official server and, after enduring all the ready rage while you're trying to choose a car, getting kicked, or, even worse, getting thrown into a team that has no hope of winning. You'd probably never even bother launching the game again.

That's it from me now, I'll probably be back with some more suggestions soon.

Nice to meet you all, hope we meet in-game too.
I agree, some trashpub hosts keep stacking joker/lich/ice/bryff on the same team. But when one of those 4 are host, they try to even it out.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
Sykes119

The developers have already talked about team management options mid-game. Players would be able to reconnect, and possibly people could join games in progress to fill in for players who have left (like DotA 2), as well as the possible option to swap teams mid-game.

The devs have a plan, and it will come in due time.
Sykes119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
Fraerostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I agree, some trashpub hosts keep stacking joker/lich/ice/bryff on the same team. But when one of those 4 are host, they try to even it out.
If there's a joke here I'm sorry but I don't get it, since I don't know any of these players... I'm guessing you all are on the US side?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Fraerostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes119 View Post
The developers have already talked about team management options mid-game. Players would be able to reconnect, and possibly people could join games in progress to fill in for players who have left (like DotA 2), as well as the possible option to swap teams mid-game.

The devs have a plan, and it will come in due time.

Glad to hear about it, I hope we see those changes soon.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Nukaazul

Quote:
If there's a joke here I'm sorry but I don't get it, since I don't know any of these players... I'm guessing you all are on the US side?
Ye, it's the US side.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Sykes119

Quote:
Yes, these are 4 of some of the "star players" on the US side, and Ayevee's just mad because he can't beat them =P
Sykes119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 AM   #8
DarkByke

I've yet to play the game, but your post makes me not want to purchase the game if its not going to be very fun with players like that.
DarkByke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
Nukaazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkByke View Post
I've yet to play the game, but your post makes me not want to purchase the game if its not going to be very fun with players like that.
Most of the problems are rage-quitters for me.
Especially when you 2v5 a team.(Me being the 2)I haven't been playing much, but I heard this game isn't going too well currently.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
jsk68

Looks like the Devs lost their enthusiasm, they use to keep us updated.

I hate to see an indie company having a hard time, especially when company's like activision and EA pretty much burned so many people nobody is willing to take a chance anymore....
jsk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #11
Fraerostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk68 View Post
Looks like the Devs lost their enthusiasm, they use to keep us updated.

I hate to see an indie company having a hard time, especially when company's like activision and EA pretty much burned so many people nobody is willing to take a chance anymore....

I totally agree. I was afraid they'd gone bankrupt or something, but I just found out they are apparently having personnel changes (if this LinkedIn thing can actually be trusted)

I sincerely hope we'll hear again from them soon.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crasher