Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hearts of Iron series

Old 05-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Silverstoneftw

Hearts of Iron 3 Collection Not even starting

Bought this collection off steam last night, but after downloading/installing I only get as far as a black screen, the clock cursor and Ride of the valkyries music playing in the background. The resolution changes because its a first time startup. I have to ctrl+alt del to quit and the process is listed as "Not responding." I run windows 7 on my machine. So far i've tried deleting local content and reinstalling, and generally just rebooted a whole bunch of times. Please let me know if additional info is needed and i'll provide.

So in conclusion my game isn't working and i'd appriciate some support. Thank you

Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Bugenhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstoneftw View Post
Bought this collection off steam last night, but after downloading/installing I only get as far as a black screen, the clock cursor and Ride of the valkyries music playing in the background. The resolution changes because its a first time startup. I have to ctrl+alt del to quit and the process is listed as "Not responding." I run windows 7 on my machine. So far i've tried deleting local content and reinstalling, and generally just rebooted a whole bunch of times. Please let me know if additional info is needed and i'll provide.

So in conclusion my game isn't working and i'd appriciate some support. Thank you
I just bought it as well and had the same issue. After letting it install DirectX and then rebooting though, the issue seemed to resolve itself.
You could try installing the hotfix patch from: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...FIX-BETA-PATCH
And generally, the Paradox forums are a lot more active and helpful, so perhaps try your luck there
Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
JoNike

I only bought HoI 3, without the expansion and I got the same issue. Any other tips? I couldn't find anything on paradox forums.

Edit: I tried launching the 'launcher' from the steam folder and the game told me that patch 1.4 has been release with a link to download, I tried installing it but it keep saying that the game isn't install on my computer. Surely steam must be updating the game by itself, right?

Last edited by JoNike: 05-11-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
JoNike

Yeah, found a way to make it work.

1.Go to: X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3

2.Open the files names settings.txt.

3.Change the 'size' settings to fit your native screen resolution (1920 x 1080 for me).

4. Launch the game and wait for a while (first boot is long).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hearts of Iron series