Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > FUEL

Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
SolsticeFox

What is LIKE this?

I seem to be in the minority, but I loved the game.

Do I think it was perfect? No. There was a lot of room for improvement. Online was terrible, GWFL required sucked, and the world felt way too empty. I also didn't like that you had to WIN a race to get anything. 2nd or 3rd didn't mean anything.

But either way, I loved it. The varied tracks, the different modes, and just exploring to get swag, additional challenges, cars and all that.

Due to some tech issues (which I'm trying to fix) Fuel, among all the games I've got (both on steam and off) will not work. So I'm wondering...

Are there ANY racing games like Fuel out there? Wide open world, lots of varied tracks, an ability to explore, and not overly realistic. I loved the ability to just go out in free ride and see what I could find, or hop into a race and progress more.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Jasper_

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolsticeFox View Post
I seem to be in the minority, but I loved the game.

Do I think it was perfect? No. There was a lot of room for improvement. Online was terrible, GWFL required sucked, and the world felt way too empty. I also didn't like that you had to WIN a race to get anything. 2nd or 3rd didn't mean anything.

But either way, I loved it. The varied tracks, the different modes, and just exploring to get swag, additional challenges, cars and all that.

Due to some tech issues (which I'm trying to fix) Fuel, among all the games I've got (both on steam and off) will not work. So I'm wondering...

Are there ANY racing games like Fuel out there? Wide open world, lots of varied tracks, an ability to explore, and not overly realistic. I loved the ability to just go out in free ride and see what I could find, or hop into a race and progress more.
Dude, I asked the SAME question just below you and you make a new thread?

Weird.
Jasper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
SolsticeFox

~laughs~ huh. I didn't even see that one.

I've looked around a bit. Test Drive Unlimited seems nice. I want something a little more off-roady though. I tried Burnout Paradise and I didn't like it because you can't ever go off the road.
SolsticeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
AgingHobo

You might enjoy MX vs ATV: Reflex.
It doesn't have a massive open world like Fuel but you can go offroad and it has a separate free-ride mode. It's not too expensive either.
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Dreamcube017

I agree, reflex does look pretty awesome.

Also DIRT 2 adn 3 look great too. It's not open world, but it is pretty fun... well I'm guess DIRT 3 is fun as it hasn't come out yet.

Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 sound like something you may like... Need For Speed Hot Persuit maybe... and there's that other one that just came out. You may find those to your liking. Give those a try.
Dreamcube017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
n_gamer

This game reminded me of Smuggler's Run: Warzones on GCN. Vast environments, different vehicle types and exploration. It was all in there, but on a much smaller scale of course. If I remember correctly, there wasn't an awful lot of racing, however.

Last edited by n_gamer: 05-09-2011 at 08:48 AM.
n_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
jgr9

For the love of god, don't get Reflex.

I miss those games were good back on the PS2.
jgr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
Seronx

http://www.justin.tv/seronx/b/285990433

It's basically that

you play through 19 levels of torture for what....A KICKASS MOTHERING HOVERBOAT!! AWW YYEEAAHHH!!!

Last edited by Seronx: 05-15-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Seronx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > FUEL