Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
ChrisD
 
ChrisD's Avatar
 
Valve
Join Date: Sep 2006
Reputation: 219
Posts: 523
Bonus Content

Hello all,

I have nearly all of the bonus content together. I'm just waiting on the videos from CDProjekt. Rather than waiting longer for that from them, I'm going to set everything else live shortly.

I've set this up to not download automatically for owners of Witcher 2, because it's 900MB right now and I don't know how big it will be once the video files are in there.

You will be able to find it under your "Tools" section. Downloading it will put all of the bonus content in a sub folder of The Witcher 2.

__________________
-chris
ChrisD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
This_Guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 170
Posts: 434
Cool, thanks.
This_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
clan4mack
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks for the update.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
gentlefury
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 109
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
Hello all,

I have nearly all of the bonus content together. I'm just waiting on the videos from CDProjekt. Rather than waiting longer for that from them, I'm going to set everything else live shortly.

I've set this up to not download automatically for owners of Witcher 2, because it's 900MB right now and I don't know how big it will be once the video files are in there.

You will be able to find it under your "Tools" section. Downloading it will put all of the bonus content in a sub folder of The Witcher 2.
Thats good, there are a few people that are ready to have a crying fit over not getting the bonus content yesterday! OMG! Remember when we were kids and bonus content meant you had to fill in a registration card send it to the developer than wait 6-8 weeks for delivery???
gentlefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Thiefcat
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Thanks,

I was just about to ask where it all was...I need that game guide lol
Thiefcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
-GLiTcHeD-
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 13
Posts: 258
Nice, this should silence most complaints there are now

Funny how people demanded a refund from Steam (also accusing Steam) while it was obviously the developers fault for not supplying the content soon enough.

Thanks again!
-GLiTcHeD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Thiefcat
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
Thats good, there are a few people that are ready to have a crying fit over not getting the bonus content yesterday! OMG! Remember when we were kids and bonus content meant you had to fill in a registration card send it to the developer than wait 6-8 weeks for delivery???
Well in our defence we did pay for it, and it comes in the box of the retail version. Asking nicely for what we paid for isn't a rediculous request..
Thiefcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
ChrisD
 
ChrisD's Avatar
 
Valve
Join Date: Sep 2006
Reputation: 219
Posts: 523
This should be live now. I'll follow up when I have the "Making Of" content.

__________________
-chris
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
gentlefury
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 109
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefcat View Post
Well in our defence we did pay for it, and it comes in the box of the retail version. Asking nicely for what we paid for isn't a rediculous request..
Boo Hoo
gentlefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Ardkor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 15
Thanks for the update. I want to play with those cut outs... Sad, I know... Will it be live worldwide at the same time?
Ardkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #11
MrMadMadMan
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 17
Posts: 155
Thanks again Chris, people were worried about the bonus content - not me i knew it was coming

Oh does anyone know when are the witcher servers coming back online because i've trying to download Troll Trouble DLC for quite a while and i keep getting "Connection error. Retrying in 10 seconds."
MrMadMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
gentlefury
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 109
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMadMadMan View Post
Thanks again Chris, people were worried about the bonus content - not me i knew it was coming

Oh does anyone know when are the witcher servers coming back online because i've trying to download Troll Trouble DLC for quite a while and i keep getting "Connection error. Retrying in 10 seconds."
It's been off and on since yesterday...which technically is a good thing....it means a lot of copies were sold already!
gentlefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
MrMadMadMan
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 17
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
It's been off and on since yesterday...which technically is a good thing....it means a lot of copies were sold already!
LOL then lets hope is stays off for weeks
MrMadMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Darth Postal
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 49
Posts: 476
Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't have to demand refund after all.
Darth Postal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
Anderswhk
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 17
How do i get Troll Trouble installed? Clicking on it at the DLC list does nothing, and the launcher says connection error. Tried running as admin, didnt help. What do i do? Im at the point in the game where the DLC is available if you install it.
Anderswhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.