Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
hawk318

Dragon attack? (Spoiler?)

Ok I got to the dragon, he lands on the rampart. I got the "hit the mouse button when you see the mouse icon to dodge dragon"...
I've died over a dozen times....never see the mouse icon (or it blends in so well it isn't visible)
Anyhow, I keep dying, I run away from the dragon(with the king)....
I tried ducking left and right where the rampart gets wider...I die.
Tried running past the wide part, but the dragon always catches up....died.
Tried running under him when he first attacks....died.
Tried using the mouse button various places (had to guess as I haven't seen the "use mouse button now" icon)

Someone let me know what I'm missing?
Thanks.....
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Jimbo_N

Yea that part was kind of wierd. I just kept running, never saw a screen flash and got through it on the first try. I am playing on easy by the way so maybe that gives you more time to get away from him. If everything else fails drop it down to easy just for that sequence and see what happens.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
AriesCZ

You have to press "RMB" (right mouse button) 3 times (I think). First one is in cutscne where dragon flies in, second on one of the widened parts of the wall (so that geralt+foltest hide from flames), and the last one is near the end of the wall). In between these clicks, just keep running.
AriesCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
hawk318

Well dropped down to the easiest setting.....nothing, so will try more clicking....(getting really frustrated with games that drop things like this in them) Not much more than a cut scene where you have little control over.

Lol, getting really sick of hearing "It's the dragon!"

Oh and the game puts the cursor as far away from the "yes/no" button and the cursor in this game sure is "quirky" at best.
hawk318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
EvanOfCaerleon

This scene is the radioactive dog all over again

But while keeping on keeping on- it does give you a chance to admire this amazing game's visuals...
EvanOfCaerleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
AimHere

Banned
Well, you can disable the "Difficult QTES" option in the menu. It might help a bit.
AimHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
hawk318

Finally got thru the durned dragon..... Not exactly sure how, tho all of a sudden, hitting the RMB worked I'm assuming like it should have.
I did do a duck from the flames, so that finally worked...It must have been the 1st RMB just as I hit the first wide spot that wasn't timed right.

Lol, never did see the RMB icon.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Neverpleased

Maybe it's a bug I got every 3 of the RMB's in that section.

I could tape it as proof. In these cases always drop a bug complaint on CD projekt or see if a youtube video shows you where the RMB is and you just didn't look hard enough.

Judging that you write everything in large font your eyesight can't be that good.
Neverpleased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
City Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimHere View Post
Well, you can disable the "Difficult QTES" option in the menu. It might help a bit.
Awesome I'd been wondering what that does.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
AnimalAl

Also frustrated by dragon attacks. I can't seem to use the potions in the inventory. Would love to swallow a potion but no meditation time. What's the trick? Is there a shortcut key? Can't seem to put any potions in the pockets? ARRRGGGHHH.
AnimalAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
fluffypuppy55

graphic settings change. maybe ur resolution is to big! or something.

for me it told me ahead of time it was gonna be right mouse button to avoid the dragon all i did was run down and press RMB. maybe ur rmb is sticky or somefin.

also all the events i dont hold it down i just press it once. pressing extra during boxing makes you get punched.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
DDoutel

Yeah, not getting any QTE hints in this part of the game; disabling Difficult QTES makes no difference at all. Only playing at 1680x1050...
DDoutel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
City Builder

When I disabled difficult QTES I only had to hold my S key and right click once where the rampart gets wider, then the game pretty much did the rest, but yeah I didn't see any hints flash on the screen before I disabled it or after.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
AimHere

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
When I disabled difficult QTES I only had to hold my S key and right click once where the rampart gets wider, then the game pretty much did the rest, but yeah I didn't see any hints flash on the screen before I disabled it or after.
Probably a bug, since my QTES prompts pop up like normal.
AimHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #15
hawk318

About the potions, that's the problem with what I call
"punched cut scenes" (basically a cut scene the player gets to hit a key or select an option and nothing else)
It works fine with choosing text option a, b, or c. But for combat it always has sucked big time (I tested games for nearly 20 years)
The trick being taking potions before the dragon...Caution:
as this is a "punch cut-scene" it's already scripted and potions may have no effect.

Now days with bigger systems game engines are at times poorly written (Witcher II being one of them)
Even on some of the more powerful systems there is a "game lag" The game keeps playing, but there is a lag in the video.
(I posted a bug post with a more descriptive message elsewhere)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The