Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
cryfreedom66

SLI Temporary fix and instructions HERE

Hey guys,

not sure if this has been posted but wanted to help fellow SLI users run the witcher 2 smoothly as I was helped. This is NOT my solution it was posted in the nvidia boards...just sharing.

Download Nvidia Inspector:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-I...load-2612.html

Install.

Run as Administrator.

Midway down the window that will open you will see " Driver Version - Your driver- and then a little button with a screwdriver/wrench cross logo.

Click the button.

At the top you will see a dropdown menu with Global Driver Profile as the default. Either type "The Witcher 2" or scroll down to it and select it to open its profile.

Once open, find "Multichip Rendering Mode"

In the middle column delete the current value (some numbers and the words The Witcher 2) and insert 0x02C04205

Top Right- click apply changes.

Enjoy the witcher 2 utilizing full sli gpu power!

THERE IS A BUG- where interior lights shine through walls occasionally. This is the same bug that SLI caused in the original Witcher...totally worth the huge boost in FPS IMO

Hopefully Nvidia releases a working SLI profile soon!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
madtestes

Whoa. Went from min of 35 FPS in Flotsam and the outside forest area to constant 60 FPS. Please note that the option in nvidia inspector v. 1.9.5.5 is called "SLI compatability bits." My setup:

i5-2500K
8GB RAM
SLI'd GTX460s 1MB

But you're right, immediately noticed some light from far off that was shining through like 6 trees and mountain. I can deal with it though.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
XDarkSimX

Linked to this in my thread.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
madtestes

Scratch that, I disabled Vsync and now I'm hitting steady 75 FPS in downtown Flotsam with lots of people moving around. Handjob for the OP.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
neuromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom66 View Post
insert 0x02C04205
+rep for this. The minimum fps on my GTX295 just went from 40 to 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtestes View Post
Please note that the option in nvidia inspector v. 1.9.5.5 is called "SLI compatability bits." My setup:
And +rep for explaining why I couldn't find "Multichip Rendering Mode."
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
BumblebeeTuna76

I can also confirm that this fix works.

It also appears, from testing I did with my rig, that with the current nVidia profile, 2-way sli gives a decent increase however 3-way sli does not add any more performance over 2-way.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
cryfreedom66

wish they would just release a working profile...the interior light bleed is tough on the eyes..
cryfreedom66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
goz000

as far as i remember the lights shining through was also an issue in TW1 (or at least in my enhanced edition).

i found a fix in the interwebs but can't remember where (prolly on the witcher forums), the method was very similar to the op's
so maybe that just needs tweaking

gladly i haven't run into problems yet (gtx460 in sli, new beta drivers). but i keep monitoring just in case,...
goz000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The