Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Morpheus1975

Mouse Problems

Ok so I looked at some of the problems threads and haven't found an answer. I downloaded the game off of steam, I can use the mouse to move the cursor and all fine BUT the mouse buttons do not work. I swapped to a USB mouse and have the same issue. Any suggestions?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Morpheus1975

Looks like I'm screwed unless I buy a controller.......
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
JamesJ

The mouse buttons don't work when playing the game or in the menus (to select a menu item) or both?

If the left mouse button works in the menus, but not in the game, go into "Key Mapping" in the Options menu and make sure that the mouse buttons are mapped to Primary and Secondary Attack. If you have an option for gamepad controls instead of "Key Mapping", the game thinks you have some kind of gamepad connected. It only uses one or the other and if it thinks that you have a gamepad connected, it won't use the keyboard. I'm not sure if that disables the mouse too, but it might. If you have a gamepad connected, try unplugging it and then restarting the game. It sounds like you don't have a gamepad, but the game has also been known to detect other things, like special keyboards, as a gamepad. There are threads here about that. The key is whether the Options screen shows a "Key Mapping" option or a gamepad option. If it doesn't show "Key Mapping", it thinks that you have a gamepad connected.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Morpheus1975

The mouse works as far as moving the cursor in the menu but the buttons do not work in Menu or in game. I've tried all three buttons and none of them work.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
JamesJ

Do you have "Key Mapping" in the Options menu?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Morpheus1975

Key Mapping is there and it shows the mouse icon BUT when I press on the mouse buttons it still will not recognize them. I can play the game with the keyboard by remapping the mouse buttons but its a PITA because I can't use the keyboard and control the view at the same time.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
JamesJ

Sorry. I don't know what it might be. All I can think of are some basics, like trying a different mouse (which you've apparently already done), and checking to see if Windows lists any other mouse or similar devices that might be confusing the game. I guess you could try a different keyboard too, if you have one available. Just shooting in the dark there, but if you have another one handy, might as well give it a try.

You're probably already doing this, but if you do try another mouse or keyboard, I would exit the game first, then switch the mouse or keyboard, then restart the game.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders