Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The

Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Chizu

The Monk in Flotsam inn...

So I spoke to that monk standing in the corner downstairs in the Inn in Flotsam. I played and beat him at dice and then got a message saying to look at the extra's menu for some kind of reward, accompanied by an image that said gog.com on it.

There is nothing int he extra's menu on the title screen, except for the credits.

What was the point of winning against that guy, am I missing something?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
stethnorun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizu View Post
So I spoke to that monk standing in the corner downstairs in the Inn in Flotsam. I played and beat him at dice and then got a message saying to look at the extra's menu for some kind of reward, accompanied by an image that said gog.com on it.

There is nothing int he extra's menu on the title screen, except for the credits.

What was the point of winning against that guy, am I missing something?
You got some money?
stethnorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Chizu

well yes, but it explicitly stated something had been rewarded, The monk supposedly gave you something, but all you get is that cyptic message about something in the extra's menu.
Chizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
AsheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizu View Post
well yes, but it explicitly stated something had been rewarded, The monk supposedly gave you something, but all you get is that cyptic message about something in the extra's menu.
I won the priest's item too and nothing showed up in my Extras menu. I made a thread yesterday about it and someone replied that it's supposed to give a GOG.com link in the Extras menu with a 20% off coupon for a game on the GOG website. I guess it's kind of bugged seeing as neither of us got it.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
stethnorun

Yeah I just did the same thing. Also nothing.
stethnorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
TigerLord

You should have received a link to this:
http://www.goodoldmonk.com/

Source: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/...e_in_witcher_2
TigerLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #7
mwoody

Yeah, this jarateed me off. After all that taunting you with some mysterious artifact, all you "won" was a coupon for Atari games on Gog.com. Yay.
mwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
ShadyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoody View Post
Yeah, this jarateed me off. After all that taunting you with some mysterious artifact, all you "won" was a coupon for Atari games on Gog.com. Yay.
Yeah, i was hoping for an ingame ring with magical properties or something like that.
ShadyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
DarkHayze

We probably didnt get it cause we have the steam version and not the gog version
Old 05-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
Sifer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayze View Post
We probably didnt get it cause we have the steam version and not the gog version

Actually I got it just fine earlier. An when I found out what my "reward" really was. A damn disguised advertisement for GoG I was quite annoyed. Especially since i'm already at my wits end wrestling with this poorly coded launcher trying to register my game for the real DLC.
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The