Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Frozen Synapse

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
ChrisD

Valve
Soundtrack Edition

I understand that some people have been having trouble find the Soundtrack, so I've changed the setup of it. If you purchased the Soundtrack Edition, it will now automatically download into your game directory rather than being a separate download from the Tools menu.

The Soundtrack is in 320kbps MP3 format.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Funkboy

I just bought it for mac, like literally, 3 minutes ago, and I don't see the soundtrack in any game directory: mac only, all, tools, media etc. Also, where would the file be hiding in my steam files?
Funkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Mithror

Same here, but I did find the tracks in the frozen synapse folder of steam.
Mithror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
MrGone

Just out of curiousity, if you buy the soundtrack edition, is the free copy the soundtrack edition as well?
MrGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
fantasyfreak

Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGone View Post
Just out of curiousity, if you buy the soundtrack edition, is the free copy the soundtrack edition as well?
So is it?
fantasyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #6
DrakhorT

Well, my US girlfriend (yes, she's for real) bought the Soundtrack Edition and gifted me the second copy, however neither her nor I are able to find a single MP3 file in our Frozen Synapse folders. The only music files I found are in \steamapps\common\frozen synapse\psychoff\data\sound\Final\Music and that's a dozen .OGG files.

When I try to buy the Soundtrack Edition myself, I'm told I already own it. And yes, I also verified the integrity of the game already (had to re-download 3 files apparently the first time), but still no soundtrack...

What gives?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
Zolkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakhorT View Post
Well, my US girlfriend (yes, she's for real) bought the Soundtrack Edition and gifted me the second copy, however neither her nor I are able to find a single MP3 file in our Frozen Synapse folders. The only music files I found are in \steamapps\common\frozen synapse\psychoff\data\sound\Final\Music and that's a dozen .OGG files.

When I try to buy the Soundtrack Edition myself, I'm told I already own it. And yes, I also verified the integrity of the game already (had to re-download 3 files apparently the first time), but still no soundtrack...

What gives?
Have you tried having your girlfriend look under tools in steam? The files should be in the directory though. I am also not so sure that people who are gifted the game receive the soundtrack. The developers are aware that people have been having issues with the soundtrack and are addressing the issues.
The fact they are responding to the community should help re-affirm this.
Zolkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
fantasyfreak

Unfortunately I can't see my MP3 files in the folder where they should be and they aren't under view tools. Euston we have a problem!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #9
fantasyfreak

AH i can see it in the DLC section, which appears to be added, which is nice now I just need to know how to access it?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
Rancor26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfreak View Post
AH i can see it in the DLC section, which appears to be added, which is nice now I just need to know how to access it?
All songs are at the games main folder by default it is /Steam/Steamapps/common/frozen synapse. If it's not there then try to verify your game files.
Rancor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
aplen22

Confirmed for MAC it is under the following path...

<HD>/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/frozen synapse/<mp3 files here>

I think I speak for everyone in saying Valve has to create an easier way to access these folders from the Steam Client.
aplen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
DrakhorT

Alright, it took some time, but we finally managed to get the soundtrack... or at least she got it now.

We both uninstalled and re-installed the game, and there was still nothing for me. My girlfriend, however, had the soundtrack as DLC and eventually found it in the main folder. She's now sending me the MP3 files.

It's kinda lame that the "gifted" person doesn't receive the soundtrack as well. I figure most pay for their half of the game (like I did), so both copies should receive the full package as well. Whoever decided this should be fired, seriously...
Old 05-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
sikboy1029

Bought game + soundtrack in beta, any way to get the soundtrack through Steam? I registered my key on Steam and that works fine.
sikboy1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #14
Llama_egg

Wait, wait, so the gifted person doesn't get the soundtrack?
Llama_egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
adriano_c

Apparently not.

I gave a copy to a friend yesterday and there are no mp3s in the folder (for them).

Very disappointing as I was under the impression both copies would be the same when I decided to spend the extra couple of dollars!
adriano_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Frozen Synapse