Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crasher

Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Flyers

Angry Servers Shutdown ?

Today I coudn't connected to Crashers. No access to Servers.Somebody could confirm that?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
joker445

HMM me either
i couldnt get to the main menu
joker445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Dyin_Spaser

Angry So, whats now about the "CRASHER"?

Yea, yea... They shot it down! And what now??? Lets make something about it guys: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1897715

Last edited by Dyin_Spaser: 05-20-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
Ravine

Hmmm, just tried myself, and true, you cant reach the main menu. Because the game cant reach the database server, where your profile is stored.

Sorry for the inconvenience, i'll try to see what i can do (which is very little, i'm afraid :/ )
Ravine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
JRAFree

I just purchased this game on May 19th without researching this forum first. After that, I discovered that I have essentially purchased "abandonware" from the Steam store. I feel completely mislead by Steam. Why is the game still being sold if the master servers went down with Punchers Impact? I have opened tickets with customer service and been given a form letter in return on Section 4 of the Subscribers Agreement. I will email as many people as this takes, but I want my 14.99 back. False Advertising laws, look them up.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
Fraerostat

They are also still selling the OSX client, which hasn't been working for ages now.

Anyway, nice to see there's someone that still cares, Ravine.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Dyin_Spaser

JRAFree - I did the same thing as you did! I spend 14.99$! I bought the game and everything was fine untill 4 days ago! As I inderstand its a temporal problem and the server will be opened! How soon nobody knows, but one of the developers, his nick is Ravine, says he will let us know why, what and when. By now you may watch this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1897715
And the game still sells, and people still buys it for 14.99$ and 29.99$ (depends of country), and gets sad disapointment wich kills any wish to deal with "Steam" or "Punchers Impact" or "MindScape"... This is SO SAD, as I love this game so much!!!

Last edited by Dyin_Spaser: 05-21-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Dyin_Spaser

JRAFree If you will get your refund of 14.99$ then please tell me! I'll do the same! But I dont belaive we can get our money back, and I'm still in hope to play it oneday as I love this game so much!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
The Frohman

I just bought the game and nobody's playing online! Thanks for nothing steam!!!!
The Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Dyin_Spaser

The Frohman - The game server has shot down and this is temporal (at least we guess so!)! Steam could do nothing about it! So lets wait untill everithing will be clear - will they open their game server one day, or the game is dead! Ravine has promised to learn whats going on.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #11
Tapewormz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAFree View Post
I just purchased this game on May 19th without researching this forum first. After that, I discovered that I have essentially purchased "abandonware" from the Steam store. I feel completely mislead by Steam. Why is the game still being sold if the master servers went down with Punchers Impact? I have opened tickets with customer service and been given a form letter in return on Section 4 of the Subscribers Agreement. I will email as many people as this takes, but I want my 14.99 back. False Advertising laws, look them up.
I wouldn't say you were mislead by Steam. It's up to the developer to notify it's lines of distribution that the game has shut down. GameStop locations still sell discounted copies of Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa and Dungeon Runners. I've even seen copies of the Matrix Online for sale at Walmart.

Best thing you can do is research a game before you buy it. I held off on buying this game after I saw the $29.99 price tag. Alarm bells were ringing loudly when I saw that. I researched Punchers Impact's other titles. They were terrible. It was obvious from the beginning that this game would never make it out of beta and that they were going to take the money and run.
Tapewormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #12
Dyin_Spaser

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapewormz View Post
...it was obvious from the beginning that this game would never make it out of beta and that they were going to take the money and run.
A-ha! Thats was they did! They took our money and run away! And I, as well as many others, swallowed that fishing hook! Now the others must be aware of dealing with MindScape, Punchers Impact and even with Steam! Steam always gets its % from the game price and now it still sells "Crasher"...
Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Sykes119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAFree View Post
That's right! Get MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR **** LEMONS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE!? Demand to see Valve's managers. Make Valve RUE THE DAY to think that they could give THEIR CUSTOMERS lemons! Do they know who we are!? We're the guys who's gonna BURN THEIR REPUTATION DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS! We're gonna get a community to invent COMBUSTIBLE LEMONS to BURN THIS PLACE DOWN!

In all seriousness, I even bought the game and played it beforehand, and I was still ripped off. You guys better be mad. This is , and a terrible lack of EVERYTHING on Valve's part. Pick better, and non-French developers...
Sykes119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #14
Dyin_Spaser

Sykes119 -
Yea Sykes119!!! I gonna flood all Steam community about how Steam fishing money and provides no refund! And i'll try to talk to more serios places (Like Pay Pal) not to deal with Steam and 'll try to burn teir reputation as hard as I can!!!
And by the way, last developer of "Crasher", Ravine, got run away from this forum, sure he's getting his % of money as developer of "Crasher" and its in his interest for Steam to sell as many "Crasher" copys as they could to sell...

Last edited by Dyin_Spaser: 05-28-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crasher