Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trainz series

Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
dr_zampolit

For those who think this is a joke...

...at least it doesn't spam Steam with "new content" x5 and "special deals" x3 every freaking week like some other games we have to put up with.(and wish would STOP, no really...seriously)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
{Yotsuba}

Guess you haven't seen that Trainz also releases DLC on Steam then, huh? And just wait, once enough DLC has been released, it'll be going on sale just as DLC for any other game also goes on sale.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
hund_

this screams coop
hund_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Theblob76

Quote:
Originally Posted by hund_ View Post
this screams coop
Competing companies is not co-op.
Theblob76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
{Yotsuba}

this screams coop

If it indicates anything, it's that RailWorks is doing well enough for competitor's to want a piece of the action.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
glasseye67

The truth of the matter is there are companies worldwide who release content for these games. Check out the company Abacus and there are a few others mostly in Europe.

The train series is popular in Europe also amoung model railroad enthusiats in which I happen to be one of them.

I could go on about this for hours hereabout trains but you don't want a book. Germany is now and has been for a long time big on their trains. As are other parts of the European nations. The Brits are credited with the creation of the Steam engine but that is an old argument. Steam, Diesel, and Electric are the main areas and each are a hobby in themselves.

It is a viable and serious hobby that my father was into, and I myself am into. Model Railroading.

With the computer simulators you can do more than just set up a train set and watch it go. The routes, the missions, quests, or work loads, whatever you may call it is a nice edition to the hobby.

As the computer ends mature, the building will be getting better. Pretty much to the point where you create your routes than lay down the cities all around it. Which is really how the computer hobby should be.

The big ones that were first were Trainz and the Microsoft Train Simulator which runs on my old 333 mhz IBM. There were others along the way but none were as popular.

And now with the addition of MP anything is possible.

No, this hobby is not a joke. If you are referring to the one engine single releases at $9.99 a pop. Yeah that is a little ridiculous.

Last edited by glasseye67: 06-08-2011 at 01:05 PM.
glasseye67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
neurosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseye67 View Post
The truth of the matter is there are companies worldwide who release content for these games. Check out the company Abacus and there are a few others mostly in Europe.

The train series is popular in Europe also amoung model railroad enthusiats in which I happen to be one of them.

I could go on about this for hours hereabout trains but you don't want a book. Germany is now and has been for a long time big on their trains. As are other parts of the European nations. The Brits are credited with the creation of the Steam engine but that is an old argument. Steam, Diesel, and Electric are the main areas and each are a hobby in themselves.

It is a viable and serious hobby that my father was into, and I myself am into. Model Railroading.

With the computer simulators you can do more than just set up a train set and watch it go. The routes, the missions, quests, or work loads, whatever you may call it is a nice edition to the hobby.

As the computer ends mature, the building will be getting better. Pretty much to the point where you create your routes than lay down the cities all around it. Which is really how the computer hobby should be.

The big ones that were first were Trainz and the Microsoft Train Simulator which runs on my old 333 mhz IBM. There were others along the way but none were as popular.

And now with the addition of MP anything is possible.

No, this hobby is not a joke. If you are referring to the one engine single releases at $9.99 a pop. Yeah that is a little ridiculous.
The software itself is a joke. I understand and obviously had interest in this simulator. It seems calling something a simulator means you can fire the quality assurance department. Also multiplayer had been down since launch, so yay anything is possible, like playing by myself, playing with others, no thats not possible. lol. ridiculous. Let me tell you about video games ok, this is not a joke, this is gaming! and its my hobby, and this company is making a mockery of it and taking advantage of my fellows.
neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
gjork

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_zampolit View Post
...at least it doesn't spam Steam with "new content" x5 and "special deals" x3 every freaking week like some other games we have to put up with.(and wish would STOP, no really...seriously)
No, the people at Auran force you to furnish them with your email address to get patches and then spam your email address with offers instead. After the first Trainz game was released I told them to stop spamming me all the time so they cut off my account completely so that I could not download any content or patches.

I bought Trainz 2010 EE and set up a new account, now they keep claiming some other user put a 20% off offer for a blue comet train in my inbox and I need to login to my account to claim it. Of course no user did any such thing and they are just trying to con me into buying it from them.

Ever gone through the patch dance with them? All the versions sold at various sites require different version patches and figuring out which one you need is a PITA.

No more Trainz for me and will stick with Railworks from now on.
gjork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
gjork

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseye67 View Post
You know Railworks is by the same people who did Microsoft Trainsim, right?
gjork is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trainz series