Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Duke Nukem Forever

Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
KirteL

The usual Deathmatch style of play: spawn, run around like crazy, get killed, spawn, run around like crazy, get a lucky kill, run around like crazy, get kille...

Currently at level 10; and the 'Top Dog' is level 37 I think (probably a clichéd 10 year old basement-dwelling kid)

I only play MP so that all the stuff in my digs gets unlocked - but I'm dissapointed, that I can only "ogle" the babes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
C4Chaos42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirteL View Post
I only play MP so that all the stuff in my digs gets unlocked - but I'm dissapointed, that I can only "ogle" the babes
Well you could always play a japanese game... :P

but yeah I was at least expecting some form of light interaction such as a single spank for a laugh.
C4Chaos42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
t4paN

After setting Steam's priority to "Low" through the Task Manager, I have to say that the game is kicking . It's no UT or Quake, but I'd say it's pretty enjoyable. Actually, the whole game is so much more enjoyable once you get it to run properly and doesn't take 2 minutes to reload every map.
t4paN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
Mad Max RW

With no anti-cheat protection or the ability for server admins to kick/ban players, this thing is dead in on arrival.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
Cyborgmatt

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark-Kent View Post
2kgames tweeted that there would be dedis
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...-servers-on-PC
The dedicated servers are useless, you need a separate copy of DNF for every one you want to run, there's no console window or anything, just runs in the tray, there's no anti-cheat protection or kick/ban/change map etc.

Good luck trying to get on your server as well, the server browser shows a random list of servers and there is no direct ip connect/favourite ip etc so unless your server shows up for you, you're not getting in it.

The MP is a joke, the netcode is probably 10 years old, they might as well not have even bothered.
Cyborgmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #21
C4Chaos42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
With no anti-cheat protection or the ability for server admins to kick/ban players, this thing is dead in on arrival.
Pretty much, now there's videos on youtube of people boasting about cheating in the multiplayer... :/
C4Chaos42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #22
Mad Max RW

Well that figures. I warned the Duke community about this and the general response was I'm being a "hater".
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #23
willravage

i enjoyed the SP but not really too into MP. the pistol is quite powerful, which i like, but there's not really enough going on for me. i'm gonna stick at it just to get my money's worth, it'l no doubt grow on me a little. oh there doesn't seem to be many games either, i wanted to play that map from 1st level of DN3D i saw on youtube, but couldn't find it... i couldn't even find any CTB maps.
willravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #24
Bulletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcola View Post
mp except for being able to carry every gun, plays just like it did as the first game. I can say this from experience competing online when ten.net was out hosting duke matches!!! I love it, and yes, you will get used to the jetpack farming thing, its part of the duke strategy- just teamup and shoot the bug out of the air and move on.
the jetpack hate is from those who didn't figure out that the flying guy is an easy target, since hitting the jetpack itself once with pretty much any weapon makes it explode along with the carrier. pistol does that just fine

the only thing that annoys me gameplay-wise is the inconsistency of some weapons. primarily the freeze ray, which i swear freezes at random. sometimes it freezes almost instantly, while sometimes i have to hold the crosshair dead on the enemy for 5 straight seconds before he freezes. same applies to being shot at with it
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Duke Nukem Forever