Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers

Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Szjara

Broken challenge ?

Hi folks,
I'd like to have your opinion on a challenge, Look no Further (the last Archenemy challenge)As I couldn't solve it I went to forums, and it seems many PC owners can't complete them.

Here's what I've done :

- Cast Wheel of Fortune.
- Send the Dragon Mage on Tezzeret.

This should do the trick, as Tezzy's got 13 HP, which means +20 HP with the 2 Kokusho (which is weird, I didn't think having a legend in the graveyard and one on the battlefield would kill both), -14 HP with Wheel of Fortune, -5 HP thanks to the dragon, and finally -14 HP again with the dragon's ability.

For some reason the first Wheel of Fortune doesn't work, and Tezzeret stays at 14 HP, while my mates and I get killed by the Phyrexian Tyranny.

Any ideas ? Am I doing anything wrong ?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Skuzzo

He doesn't take the first 14 damage from the Wheel of Fortune. Phyrexian Tyranny doesn't come back into his control until after Ajani dies from the draw.

Play the Mountain and attach Argentium Armor to your Dragon Mage, then attack using Argentium Armor's effect to destroy the Oblivion Ring exiling Phyrexian Tyranny (Ajani's side). I don't know why he doesn't block with Kokusho, but he doesn't. Tezzeret takes 11 from the Dragon Mage, and everybody draws 7 cards; Ajani dies from card draw. When Ajani dies, Tezzeret gets his second Kokusho back, which kills them both. He gains life and you and Nissa lose life. Everybody takes 14 damage from Phyrexian Tyranny, which kills you. When you die, Tezzeret gets his Whirlpool Drake back, gets 7 new cards and kills himself with his enchantment.

Last edited by Skuzzo: 06-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Skuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Xocrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szjara View Post
(which is weird, I didn't think having a legend in the graveyard and one on the battlefield would kill both)
It doesn't. However having two in play does kill both, and when Ajani dies the second Kokusho comes back into play.

Thanks for the solution to this one, since there really is no way I would be able to solve this since I assumed the dragon would get blocked.

It annoys me that both this and the Kharn challenge are dependent on the AI doing bad decisions though.
Xocrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
PaganHeart

The last archenemy challenge is the tricky one: http://dotp2012.blogspot.com/2011/06...hallenges.html
PaganHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers