Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Halo Hedgey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
The problem is not so much with the server browser as with the fact that there are simply not many servers with <24 players. So far I only found one French 18 player server but I don't like playing there cause I don't understand what anybody is saying.
This.

aegisfate I'm not an idiot, I played TF2 on the PC for well over a year before quitting. I picked favorite servers at a certain point and stuck to them; I utilized the highly versatile lobby system as much as possible.

But even the decent ones weren't <24 players, as Mogh mentions. Pretty much nobody likes to play in small games on TF2 for some reason. I looked for <24 player servers on numerous occasions and it often yielded no fruit.
Halo Hedgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #17
Mogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Hedgey View Post
Pretty much nobody likes to play in small games on TF2 for some reason.
Yeah, I don't really understand that either. For me a gamesize of 12 or at most 14-16 players is the way to play TF2, but I guess the masses prefer games with more chaos, spam and a bigger element of chance.
My favorite class is Medic and that can really be difficult to play in 24 player servers. So many enemies to avoid, and so many allies to heal (all of which can turn out to be a Spy too!). As I said before, fortunately there's TF2Lobby, or I likely would never play in a 12-player game.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Arimaniac

I think every weapon in TF2 could be the best. It depends if you know how to use it well ...
Arimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
gotthisfortf2

Banned
I own both i used to play xbox 360 version alot, but trust me pc is only 10 bucks now and it is worth every bit more than xbox.
gotthisfortf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #20
rickinator9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotthisfortf2 View Post
I own both i used to play xbox 360 version alot, but trust me pc is only 10 bucks now and it is worth every bit more than xbox.
Why? Have you actually found a server without lag and premium? Also, it would seem you haven't seen what valve has done to the tf2 canon and style.

Last edited by rickinator9: 06-14-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Needed to add some more
rickinator9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
gotthisfortf2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
Why? Have you actually found a server without lag and premium? Also, it would seem you haven't seen what valve has done to the tf2 canon and style.
There is so much more to it.And ive played plenty of servers without lag and premium.The console version has alot more lag because of the hosts.Makes me think of modern warfare.Then if the host quits, the server just gets shut down.I also play alot of cool custom user created maps like saxton hale, balloon race, prop hunt, mario kart.I find that the xbox version gets boring and repetitive.The server list is also getting smaller and smaller.
gotthisfortf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
Chill Dude

Never played the PC version , but as someone who has played in most half life 2 maps , I think xbox is still pretty decent . there are 30 something or more HL2 maps . most dont usually work but the ones that do are a nice change of pace from the endless 2fort and dustbowl that has become the 360 TF2 .
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
SnowCanary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
Canon: Nothing is worse. The game has a better story now.

Artstyle: Paint is the only thing that stinks. The PC's superior gameplay makes up for that.

Lag: Every game on 360 lags for me, and I have a great connection.
PC is fine if you don't join a game with 300 ping.

Premium: Stay off of Nighteam and Saigns and you're fine.

There we are.
SnowCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #24
rickinator9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCanary View Post
Canon: Nothing is worse. The game has a better story now.

Artstyle: Paint is the only thing that stinks. The PC's superior gameplay makes up for that.

Lag: Every game on 360 lags for me, and I have a great connection.
PC is fine if you don't join a game with 300 ping.

Premium: Stay off of Nighteam and Saigns and you're fine.

There we are.
Someone want to go to a discussion. Please then explain why the heavy is wearing a totally non-russian native american hat and the soldier a kabuto?
rickinator9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box