Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arcadia

Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Runtime error? Fix here.

99% certain it is the Language files issue guys.
For now, please get it from here until we can push it out to steam:
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/syperzdomain/mok.html
Look on the page under the Arcadia Assets group, for Arcadia r12 Language Files.

If you are still having problems as of Build 13.
http://joshyy.com/fix_data.zip

Last edited by Joshyy: 04-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
Where should we put this language file exactly.
Where the current language folder resides, no?

driveletter:\pathtoProgram Files\Steam\steamapps\username\arcadia\

Replace all the previous folders and .lang files, keeping the directory structure intact.

It looks like this asset didn't get updated on the Valve content server. Joshhy knows, and we're looking into fixing it as fast as we can.
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Shingen

I downloaded this zip and unpacked the folder "languages" into main folder of the game ("Steam/steamapps/username/arcadia/").
the game no longer shows "runtime error", but unfortunately it still doesn't work.
now I see the game window (named "SDL_app") for about half sec, and when it crashes (no error message), file "stderr.txt" is created, and in this file I have "Unable to initialize Steamworks."

and by the way:
before I had neither "languages" folder, nor any of the .lang files anywhere.
every time i run ACT.exe, the "Interface Language" is re-set to the "English ( US )". the language which is set before, of course gets saved in "settings.cfg", but still, if you use other language than English, you have to set it every time you run ACT.exe
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
VisibleDucts

This fixed it for me! Thanks!
VisibleDucts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Shingen

holy , now it works, so nevermind
thanks

@edit: it works only if you start the game by Steam. if you try to start it by clicking .exe file, it won't start, giving that error.

Last edited by Shingen: 03-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
@edit: it works only if you start the game by Steam. if you try to start it by clicking .exe file, it won't start, giving that error.
Yes, this is by design :P

A.C.T however can be invoked directly without issue.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
and by the way:
before I had neither "languages" folder, nor any of the .lang files anywhere.
every time i run ACT.exe, the "Interface Language" is re-set to the "English ( US )". the language which is set before, of course gets saved in "settings.cfg", but still, if you use other language than English, you have to set it every time you run ACT.exe
Yeah, it looks like some default values are getting forced. We'll likely add a "reset to defaults" button in the interface to prevent this from occurring. This is the first release of A.C.T, so expect more power and more polish as we go along with it.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
Joshyy

Joshyy
Quote:
As Saijin said, by design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
Yeah, it looks like some default values are getting forced. We'll likely add a "reset to defaults" button in the interface to prevent this from occurring. This is the first release of A.C.T, so expect more power and more polish as we go along with it.
It isn't so much the default values. I was looking at the depot files, and it appears that the language folder, for whatever reason, does not have the flags to push them out of the depot. I've submitted a patch to fix this.
Joshyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #9
Circlestrafe

Quote:

Replace all the previous folders and .lang files, keeping the directory structure intact.

It looks like this asset didn't get updated on the Valve content server. Joshhy knows, and we're looking into fixing it as fast as we can.
Worked like a charm. Hopefully it'll be fixed quickly though, for those unsure of their way around a PC.
Circlestrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Joshyy

Joshyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlestrafe View Post
Worked like a charm. Hopefully it'll be fixed quickly though, for those unsure of their way around a PC.
Yep i've already submitted the fix.
Joshyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
krahnatron

Quote:

I apologize for being so incredibly ignorant but i tried putting the C:\pathtoProgram Files\Steam\steamapps\username\arcadia\ thing into my computer search bar and it said it couldn't be found. I just don't know where to put the downloaded languages... Sorry for bothering you. -Krahnatron.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
krahnatron

Continued Attempts

Hey guys, sorry for posting before I had really tried, I found where I was supposed to put the Languages downloads. Unfortunately I am still having problems. I exported the languages.zip thing that I downloaded into the languages folder for arcadia. I then deleted all of the other languages in the folder like I believe I was supposed to (?). The problem is that when I clicked play it did the same thing as before and would not open. Furthermore, when I went back into the languages folder, all of the languages I deleted had returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks- Krahnatron.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #13
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
This fix/solution was for an earlier release. You don't need to be replacing the language files anymore Also, you don't need to delete the other language files either. You chose them when you launch ACT (Arcadia Configuration Program).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arcadia