Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
JacobU

Valve
Arrow Quickplay Information For Server Admins

The Uber Update includes a new matchmaking system for clients. To learn how you can use this to drive traffic to your server(s) follow this link:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2825-AFGJ-3513

If you have any additional questions, feel free to discuss them here.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
jvance492

Sorry if this is the wrong spot. When I enter cl_gameserver_create_identity

It tells me

"Unable to create a game server account attached to your Steam account.
Your Steam account doesn't have rights to create game server accounts."

Is this because I have a free team fortress account? Can I even buy team fortress at this point?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Bury

I've been using this for the past day or so, but since my server config got scrapped I had to create another.

My first attempt at doing it I had a decent trending score, but now I'm on my 2.0 version using a different registered ID, I'm getting awful trending values and I have absolutely no idea why.
I have followed the guidelines to the point where I've even taken out arena maps from my map rotation list and I am still getting a Bad trending score. (Game server authentication: SUCCESS! Standing: Bad. Trend: Downward Fast)
The server has been full pretty much all day.

How can this be?

my sv_tags show "_registered,payload,replays".

Last edited by Bury: 06-25-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Bury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
jvance492

Well thats not the problem

I had my friend try the command with his steam account TF2 was purchased on that account. It still says:

Unable to create a game server account attached to your Steam account.
Your Steam account doesn't have rights to create game server accounts.

Any ideas? Google isn't much help in this matter. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
jvance492

Buy something in store?

Someone mentioned that accounts are flagged as free until they buy something. Do I really have to buy something in the store before it will give me rights to make a game server account?

I would assume the licensed steam account would have created it, as of right now my game is not even showing up in the master servers list so of course player count is steady at 0/24

I would love to get some more traffic to my server, hoping to see a solution, will followup soon!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Mr.Firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bury View Post
I've been using this for the past day or so, but since my server config got scrapped I had to create another.

My first attempt at doing it I had a decent trending score, but now I'm on my 2.0 version using a different registered ID, I'm getting awful trending values and I have absolutely no idea why.
I have followed the guidelines to the point where I've even taken out arena maps from my map rotation list and I am still getting a Bad trending score. (Game server authentication: SUCCESS! Standing: Bad. Trend: Downward Fast)
The server has been full pretty much all day.

How can this be?

my sv_tags show "_registered,payload,replays".
Yeah, I am having the same problem... well its not a real problem, but it is not too good. It would be nice to know how the trending system works and maybe all of the possible values and how they match up... Also would be nice to have some tips for improving said values.

Last edited by Mr.Firefox: 07-06-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
Bury

There is also one un-answered scenario from the Q&A section.

It specifies quite clearly that you must have a unique ID for each server. But what if that server it was originally assigned to no longer exists, but you would like to re-use it on your new location. I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed.

I am currently facing this problem after my GSP screwed me over and have since moved my service elsewhere.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
DrGamez

Can you check your server standing without having to restart the SRCDS instance?
DrGamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGamez View Post
Can you check your server standing without having to restart the SRCDS instance?
cl_gameserver_list in your client console
Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
jvance492

Issue Resolved

For any one having the same issue as me, i just decided to buy something and now it works. Your account has to be a TF2 premium account. You have to spend a minimum of 5.00 to be able to use this feature.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
Simbot

Valve needs to shutdown half the official servers to allow gaming communities to receive traffic from using this "feature".

We shouldn't receive a penalty due to running 32slots, a lot of people love servers running 32slots.
Simbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Atonement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbot View Post
Valve needs to shutdown half the official servers to allow gaming communities to receive traffic from using this "feature".

We shouldn't receive a penalty due to running 32slots, a lot of people love servers running 32slots.
It's not the amount of players the game was made for though.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
McNuggetFiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbot View Post

Yes they should be punished. Your logic is terrible, I shouldn't have to explain why.
McNuggetFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
MaiDixieNormas

Question Issues with Quickplay?

During the latest update I migrated all of my servers to a new control panel, however, after starting them up and waiting a few hours... my standings have changed...

My standings now read:
Good, Slightly Upward
Good, Slightly Upward
Bad, Downward Fast
Bad, Downward Fast

I've been trying very hard to run the best possible servers and I'm not sure why two of them have suddenly lost their standings, as now my usual average player count of 90 has dropped to around 50, with two servers currently sitting empty.

I'd be a great help if valve were to allow server admins to see what their servers score best at and worst at and suggest ways of improving them

Note: All the servers I run are 24 slot, replay enabled servers on a dedicated server in France, running all Quickplay approved maps with a time limit of 60 minutes, and running HLStatsX:CE.
MaiDixieNormas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Sapd

Quickplay is a great thing, it fills my 32 Slot without any problems.
But now i wanted to increase to 34 slots (one for replay, the other one for reserve), and set the visiblemaxslot setting to 32. If i let it like this, then no users join trough quickplay.

I thought that the current players online affect Quickplay, and not maxplayers?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback