Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Drakensang

Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
dblade

Where else to go (light spoils)

My party level is currently 4-6ish. I got all the way to Mother rat and after a couple beat downs, I've learned my lesson for now. I also went to Moorbridge and my party can't endure that necro scene for very long... So, anything to do in between in order to gain some levels? I only have a couple errand quests left at this point. I do have the ergo fixpack mod installed which is also increasing the difficulty.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
dblade

I re-equipped and went back out to moorbridge. I think my biggest issue is that my chars are getting Wounded(5) far to quickly. One time, it seemed to jump from Wounded(2) to Wounded(5) on one char in a matter of one attack from the enemy. That char has Endurance I as well. There is alot that I just don't understand in this ruleset.
dblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Batuhan27

Read this FAQ. Constitution and willpower skill influence wound resistance, it has nothing to do with Endurance feat. I recommend to max out Willpower skill for your combat chars as soon as possible.

You should concentrate on taking down necro guy, all undead nearby will vanish once you kill him.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
BIG R

This is another good FAQ to check out dblade.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...e/935251/56309

You want to maximize willpower (high willpower helps to counter wounds), and dont skimp on armor...buy the best armor you can afford.

No shame in having a hard time with Mother Rat. From personal experience, and from reading accounts on the net, almost everybody has a very hard time defeating her. Have to come up with clever tactics.
BIG R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
lunadonsucker

Necro And Rat-mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblade View Post
My party level is currently 4-6ish. <snip> I also went to Moorbridge and my party can't endure that necro scene for very long...
<snip>
I do have the ergo fixpack mod installed which is also increasing the difficulty.
i don't have Ergo Fixpack so i'm not so sure it works well, but i think the Chapter 4(moorbridge) is designed to teach player a combat with Mobs. In this area we often confront emenies outnumberd us. I had learned to use Space-key and Tab-key to control our men accurately.
Most easy way to Take Necro in ruined temple is do not rssh into Temple. Just wait in front of temple and use one Archer (maybe Amazon with Long Bow) to step in entrance. And Fire Necro's
Minion preferably some Skelton archers.
There is a Gap between our party and Necro's. So Necro's men will running to us one by one.

About Rat: It is fun to take her down after you have Good 2H-weapons. Deal her Wonuds! I had Amazon and my Chara(elementalist) at lvl9 and only two men patry can Beat her.
Amazon will have proper 2H-Sword around lvl9, with her MAXed str and buff Str by Mage is enough to kill Rat-MOM quickly.
She can only call 2nd Her minions and before her 2nd wave rearches, Amazon deal 5 wounds to Rat-mon. Avange her with death of 5-wounds is nice.
lunadonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
Scaith

Easiest way to kill Necro: Run straight to him through the gap left of him and push him onto his back. Keep him there. A prone magician is so easy to kill...
Scaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Burningwolf

Ayep.Proper party slaying methods work here as well..Mages,healers,rogues,warriors.If someone is casting a spell you want your sword in thier mouth...yesterday.
Burningwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
zaphodikus

I found I had to stooge around through the plot for ages before I could take out mother rat, I had to level up a good few levels before suceeding, don't be worried if you try and fail a dozen times.
zaphodikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
JJDrakken

I didn't take out Mother rat until everyone was around level 8+, even then when fight was over, My mage lass was eating dirt,

JJ
JJDrakken is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Drakensang