Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Longest Journey, The

Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
UnknownNinja88

Can't enable Vsync

Hi,

I just started playing this game and in the intro movie after the old lady tells a story i get a lot of screen tearing. I tried enabling vsync threw my display driver with no result. Ati Tray Tools doesn't work as well. I get an error the steam cannot be found. I tried in different compatibility modes without any results. I also tried Rivatuner with the 3d3overrider and it doesn't help.

I am running this game on: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Normally a game will just work with Ati Tray Tools without any problems. I can't seem to run this game using the game.exe file. I got to start it with steam.

I also tried changing the preferences file to run it in software mode with no results.

Can someone please help me to get this game vsync. The screen tearing really puts down the experience.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
William
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Lagato158

This is a pretty old game I'm just now trying to figure out how to watch the movies. Seems like it doesn't transition well with the new tech, might tear no matter what.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=558693
check out that thread maybe you can do something along the same lines in the preference setting

Last edited by Lagato158: 07-08-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Lagato158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
UnknownNinja88

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Most old games play fine with forced vsync.

The link you gave me says: Not Found.

It's a shame that there is screen tearing in the cutscenes. Takes a lot of immersion in the game away. If somebody knows a solution please help me, you would really make my day.

Best Regards,
William
UnknownNinja88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
ninj4Naoto

I'm having trouble with screen tearing as well. :\ I have D3DOverrider running too.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Longest Journey, The