Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
LQB

This game dead yet?

Like the title asks; I haven't played this game in about a year and back then it seemed like it was on it's last leg.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Gosko

I was wondering the same thing too. I was thinking of re-joining the game so I checked their forums and from what I hear there severs are still full of people.
Gosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
eagledare

I tried the trial and enjoyed it so I purchased the full version.

Seems to be plenty of players at the newb levels.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
eckertt001

Whats a popular server?
eckertt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
gamesstink

The game seems like its booming. They merged many of the servers into somewhere around 4, so its not so empty. They changed quite a bit, but I didnt play as much as i wanted to, as my WoW account is paid for till february..... To bad too. I like it quite a bit, just not enough money to pay fior both subscripts....
just saw these guys on youtube. you may like it, it got me through a few minutes at work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yTplnRA8Q
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Mouseraider

It's been 1 year since I last played the game, so some things may have changed that I don't know about.

The pve dungeon aspect of the game is terrible. It can be done but it is in no way enjoyable, there is hardly any tactical aspect to it, atleast not when I compare it to my time in WoW as a raid tank.

The game world is too small with far too many mobs, and exploring never feels quite right when your constantly trying to avoide being knocked off your mount.

While the graphics are quite nice they often feel shallow and bland, the world never truly offers anything spectacular or something that would make you stop up and just look at it.

The pvp aspect of the game is a mess, it can only be described as clustering, there is absolutely zero tactics involved other than the standart zerg formation.

Last edited by Mouseraider: 12-01-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Mouseraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #7
Braddoc

Not to mention, nothing is grand as landing in a gritty, dark fantasy world, swing your sword on a chaos cultist...then comes spurring out a red blinking flash....yeah, they should have put blood splatter instead.
Braddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
mandellorian

It definitely seems to be dying i`ve never heard of a successful MMO dropping servers to concentrate players like this game has and even then its hardly teeming half the time i pop in there are a handful of players on each side.
mandellorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
toolfan

Yes this game is dieing but not that badly. Ever since they dropped the servers to 4 it is live and kicking. Scenarios pop every minute when I get on. Oh and do look at all the patches that went through too. Sooooo much has changed in a year.
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
nytiger73

This is one game which could benefit from a F2P model. I know there is the Endless Trial, but that only gives you Tier 1. They should go to a model like LOTRO or D&D Online. Both games started booming after going to F2P with micro transactions.
nytiger73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
DanMan3395

no

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytiger73 View Post
This is one game which could benefit from a F2P model. I know there is the Endless Trial, but that only gives you Tier 1. They should go to a model like LOTRO or D&D Online. Both games started booming after going to F2P with micro transactions.
I don't mean to be insulting but LOTRO and D&D online are so bad and unpopular that people don't even mention them when referring to MMO's in the market. They went F2P because of revenue issues. The truth in the MMO market is that the F2P model is the final nail in the coffin of an mmo's untimely death.
DanMan3395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
NorthernKingdom

Banned
When EA destroyed Mythic and fired all of higher, merging some peons with Bioware, is when the game officially died. They've done nothing since then just taking advantage of suckers willing to pay subscriptions for a game that isn't even being worked on any longer.

I'm glad Mark Jacobs lost his company. Only that moron could take such a great franchise and game concept and totally ruin it. He was a pompous jerk during the long beta process basically ignoring everything while talking out of his butt then the exact same things he said would never be in the game eventually did appear.
NorthernKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Loosifur

Wow, zombie thread.

I was actually wondering this very thing when I saw the title of the thread. I've cruised around on forums and it looks like it's on life support, but then, it sort of always did. There were always people complaining about balance, lack of development, Mythic being incompetent, etc., so it's hard to tell. But, I did notice that, in addition to people complaining about no significant new content or development over the past year, they've instituted a pay-for-ingame-goodies system. You can buy a level, or a faster mount, or pay to transfer one character to another server, or that sort of thing. The prices looked ridiculous, even if you're ok with that sort of thing in a subscription MMORPG.

I hate to say it, but Warcraft has this game beat all day, especially when you consider WAR is trying to charge $20 for one character transfer, which WoW offers for free. It's really disappointing, because I was really pulling for this game when it came out. Even when I quit playing, I quit because I just lost interest in MMORPGs, not this game specifically, and have often thought about coming back. Too bad. Maybe someone else will pick the game up and resurrect it. Or just buy the thing and remake it.
Loosifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
DanMan3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernKingdom View Post
When EA destroyed Mythic and fired all of higher, merging some peons with Bioware, is when the game officially died. They've done nothing since then just taking advantage of suckers willing to pay subscriptions for a game that isn't even being worked on any longer.

I'm glad Mark Jacobs lost his company. Only that moron could take such a great franchise and game concept and totally ruin it. He was a pompous jerk during the long beta process basically ignoring everything while talking out of his butt then the exact same things he said would never be in the game eventually did appear.
^^^ This.

Mark Jacobs is the reason this game sucks. He masterminded the stupid level tiers and the chicken rule. He settled on 2 major cities instead of 6 and he is the man behind teaming up orks with chaos. He also for some stupid reason made only 2 factions. Mythic's previous success was DAOC which clearly offered 3 factions so to this day no one knows wtf he was thinking. Completely stupid. He was told at least 1000 times on the boards that all of these things were terrible ideas and that some spat in the face of the Warhammer IP but he just blathered on about how awesome it was going to be.

Man that guy ticked me off. The worst part is that now that this travesty is on the market and EA owns it, there will not be another WH mmo probably in any of our lifetimes.

Last edited by DanMan3395: 04-28-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling
DanMan3395 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning