Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BIT.TRIP RUNNER

Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
TheReadMenace

Achievement: Endure

How exactly does one get this? I thought I'd fulfilled the requirement, but apparently...

I figured the way to get it is to go from stage X-1, play through all the stages, and beat that particular boss. I did that, but no success.

Thing is, I started from 1-11 (Odyssey) since that's where I last left off. I continued through all of stage 2 after that and then quit in stage 3-1.

Is it because I didn't start in 2-1 that I achieve-failed? Or is it more sinister & demands a perfect run through an entire set of stages without making any failures that send me back to the start of a level?

I'll try again tomorrow from 2-1 (much easier than the first set of stages, IMO) and see what happens, but if anyone has any response I'd love to hear it! Thanks~!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Perducci

It's definitely not required to get a perfect on all the levels. I earned it by starting at 1-1 and playing through all the levels and beating the boss. Sounds like you must have been duped of an achievement if you actually did play all the levels in a world during one sitting. I'd suggest trying it again, perhaps starting in world 1.
Perducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
TheReadMenace

Thanks for the response, friend!

I picked it back up in 3-1 and played through to the end, and I got the achievement Endure. So yeah, I guess when I began playing mid-stage 1 and continued through to stage 3, it's not what they want or had intended. You must start playing from the beginning of a stage in order to get the reward.

...And now you know! (obligatory G.I. Joe response unnecessary)

OT: Just because I have nowhere else to say it... MAN!, from the Gauntlet on, that's some tough platforming. It took maybe three hours to finish those last four levels. Gamer patience was tested... I think it might have been easier if I could get a controller working, but it's done!

Last edited by TheReadMenace: 07-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.
TheReadMenace is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BIT.TRIP RUNNER