Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hamilton’s Great Adventure

Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
sk2k

Savepoints / Undo ?

Hello,

nice game so far and sometimes also very frustrating if you have to restart a level because of ONE false step/bad timing somewhere.
The ability to save or undo your last steps could have been helpful in this game.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
Fatshark_rbm

Fatshark AB
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. The issue of saves in the levels are something that tried a lot during the development of the game. We opted to not use them in order to increase the challenge of the game (and also for production reasons), but one can always discuss if that was the right thing to do. Your feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Robert Bäckström, Producer
Fatshark_rbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
sk2k

A challenge is ok, though several retries on a level is annoying and not challenging. It also makes the game artificial longer then it is.
The unforgving nature of this game makes it not a recommandation for kids and impatient people. A daughter of a friend played it and gave up after she tried a level several times.

Do not get me wrong. It's a nice and polished game (exception is Sasha with it's pathfinding problems sometimes).

Last edited by sk2k: 06-10-2011 at 04:02 AM.
sk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
postm

I just tried the demo and was immediatly turned off by the ammount of level restarts this game have. Even in the early levels.

In my opinion, this game relies too heavily on the collapsing tiles. You're bound to make wrong steps all the time and restart levels all the time. I do agree with Op that this is more annoying than challenging.

Therefore, I won't be buying even though I really liked the idea in this game. I just can't handle restarting levels from scratch all the time.
postm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
Fatshark_ssr

Fatshark AB
Hi guys.

One of the main reasons we ditched checkpoints is that a level takes about 1-4 minutes to complete, and that it would become to easy if checkpoints were implemented. There are a few boss levels that require more time to complete, and therefore they are meant to be tougher.

Cheers
Sadir
Fatshark_ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
sk2k

I gave up. I'm to old or something. lol
I can not stand it anymore to restart a level several times because of an small error. I like puzzle games but i do not like punishing puzzle games. I wish there were a cheat to switch off the collision with goats, golems, etc.

Btw. i played X-Out, Turrican, etc. in the old C64 days and never had problems. Hehe, i'm a casual gamer now?

To bad it's not possible to gift the game to someone else. Another unfinished game in my steam account.

Last edited by sk2k: 07-20-2011 at 12:21 PM.
sk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
-:Bongo:-

I think the difficulty is, if anything, too easy. Once you learn the route then the levels are not that hard to complete, making mistakes and learning the timing is all part of the game.

It makes it more worthwhile once you reach the end with a perfect run.
-:Bongo:- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hamilton’s Great Adventure