Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead

Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
xStaticx

Dev support for this title?

Like many others who have opened ports on both ends the multiplayer still doesn't work. Avoid this game untill they patch this. Though I doubt they will as one look at headup games forums and you'll notice the last post was June 30th... That's if you can navigate to it considering the link to their webpage sends you to a broken board...http://www.headupgames.com/community...64bf806101555d is the proper link.

Please don't bother posting about opening ports. Its clear in the above paragraph, I, like many others have, as well as the players on our friends lists whom own the game that can't play with eachother. Even VLan support doesn't work... I will clarify, I live in the united states, maybe that has to do with something because the only time I did get the multiplayer to work, was with a friend in Finland, whom at the time, neither of us opened any ports.

I did however see a post on July 18th about some patch coming. I really hope they plan to address the multiplayer issue. I hope it also gives a bit of depth to the multiplayer considering that right now, it saves no progress once you leave the map you are playing. That's right, you litterly do the multiplayer for nothing.No player progression, any and all items recieved in the multiplayer disappear at the end of the round when you are forced to the main menu. Poof gone forever.

Lastly, I'd like to say outside of the multiplayer issue, the most bugs i've seen so far were when Dr. WheelChair gets stuck and can only move in one direction and won't break free from whatever invisible force had him in his grasp. I also experianced a random health loss bug, where my guy was being attacked, yet noone was around to attack him, from full health to zero.

With all things considered I hope to see a bit of support in this thread for this title. It is pretty fun in single player (although way easier - hitting with a bat knocks down zombies in sp)and I, like many others look forward to a working multiplayer. I don't think the devs realize they are sitting on a gold mine here. With alittle bit more polish, this could really be a stellar indie title. If you're like me, you love supporting the indie devs.

TLDR: The multiplayer is broken, ports or no ports,Headup dev's please fix this.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Cru_

I agree, the game is effectively unfinished. There is no point what so ever to play co-op; which comon, is really the only reason one would get a game like this.

I heard about the supposedly upcoming patch also, they certainly bloody need it.

With the multi, forwarding ports worked for me tbh. Fact is the port forward was the sole reason my mate was able to join my game (didn't work beforehand, worked afterwards and was the only thing changed). But you're right, the multi is pointless at this time.

This game COULD be great, it just lacks polish and developer attention.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
byblo

Yes, the game feel unfinished.
I really hope the new patch will fix all the major bugs.

Also, the game need a harder difficulty (more zombies, less ammos )
With the addition of few puzzles and barricading system (not only closing the door behind you), this game could be a great (slow) zombies game.

What about a Trapped Dead 2 survival oriented?

Anyway, I love this game as it is already: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4...1072000004.jpg
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
KabraxisObliv

Just played the multiplayer... worked fine.
But it was awful though. You cannot see the health bar of your partner (to heal him) nor you can see his inventory (because of ammo or health packs). That's no coop... it is... it's just singleplayer X 2.

The chat is horrible. If you're typing a message while your partner is pressing return to send a message to you, yours is deleted and you have to rewrite it. So only one person can write at the same time.
And when your partner sends you a message when your chat window is closed, it will open then. Sounds good? No, it is not, because you can't do anyhing anymore then except moving... rotating the camera, open/close the inventory.. nothing is possible anymore because the chat window is open. Obviously the game thinks that you want to answer immediately.

And the AI of the protagonists is horrible in finding waypoints if there is an unexptected obstacle (for example your partner).

For me Trapped Dead could be a 80% but all the bugs/issues and badly realized features (at least in coop) are destroying the experience.
As long as it stays like this, I agree with the metascore. This game deserves nothing more than a 60 out of 100 (coop as I said, I don't know if there are bugs in singleplayer mode).

Devs, please patch some things.

The game could be so good... but so far, I'm sorry, it is not. And yes, I just bought it because of coop mode. Maybe I'll give the singleplayer a try though. Maybe it's better. Atmosphere was quite good.

Last edited by KabraxisObliv: 07-24-2011 at 12:58 AM.
KabraxisObliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
byblo

Yes, you should try the singleplayer. Co-op is nice but really too easy (respawning players when dead)
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Van_MaRTiDoR

I bought 2 copies of this game (One for me and the other one for my girl friend), because i love co-op zombie/survival games. But i feel disapointed.

In the game description it says "multiplayer"... well i'd name it "fake multiplayer". Yes, it has multiplayer, but you can only play the maps that you have already played in Single player. There is no way i can play this game with my gf.

I have to play the maps twice (boring for me) to be able to play them in Multyplayer and there's no continuity between missions.

As a game developer, i know that multiplayer is one of the hardest thing to do, because it involves a lot of technical things (synchronizating game objects between clients,prediction,sharing/synchronizating the progress between missions etc.), but i'm sure that using p2p architecture & RakNet you can do it!

I don't want my money back, because i like the game and i LOVE the graphics. I just want you to fix it

Last edited by Van_MaRTiDoR: 07-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
vanman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van_MaRTiDoR View Post
I bought 2 copies of this game (One for me and the other one for my girl friend), because i love co-op zombie/survival games. But i feel disapointed.

In the game description it says "multiplayer"... well i'd name it "fake multiplayer". Yes, it has multiplayer, but you can only play the maps that you have already played in Single player. There is no way i can play this game with my gf.

I have to play the maps twice (boring for me) to be able to play them in Multyplayer and there's no continuity between missions.

As a game developer, i know that multiplayer is one of the hardest thing to do, because it involves a lot of technical things (synchronizating game objects between clients,prediction,sharing/synchronizating the progress between missions etc.), but i'm sure that using p2p architecture & RakNet you can do it!

I don't want my money back, because i like the game and i LOVE the graphics. I just want you to fix it
Agreed. Need Multiplayer fixed. Need joint progression. I also found that if a partner dies on screen, with zombies around attacking you, there is a big chance they (the attacking zombies) will be invisible to respawned player.
vanman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Kilgore

I actually emailed them at headup games to say about the issues I was having with MP and they replied to me a few days later saying that the upcoming patch will address multiplayer issues so hold on chaps

Was quite suprised to hear back from them, so I guess they do have dev support for the title
Kilgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
xStaticx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I actually emailed them at headup games to say about the issues I was having with MP and they replied to me a few days later saying that the upcoming patch will address multiplayer issues so hold on chaps

Was quite suprised to hear back from them, so I guess they do have dev support for the title
Don't hold your breathe .... The response from them in the other thread found http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2014893

shows little to no concern to what the community is asking for. Really avoid this title.
xStaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
Headup Games

Headup Games
a) The developer is working on a patch addressing several MP issues.

b) The basic MP design they won't touch though (according to the developer this was intended as added value to the game, not as a full MP campaign. Focus of development has been creating a single player experience.)

c) People sometimes not being able to join is definitely a port / firewall / router / network issue.

We are aware that this is not the answers you are hoping for, we still hope you enjoy the game if only in single player if you do not like how the MP part has been implemented.
Headup Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
Kilgore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStaticx View Post
Don't hold your breathe .... The response from them in the other thread found http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2014893

shows little to no concern to what the community is asking for. Really avoid this title.
I suppose it depends what exactly are the issues you're having.

If it's being unable to join each other then there's no fixing that unless you sort out firewall/ports.

I had problems connecting until i opened ports and bam, connected straight away.

The issues that I emailed them about was generally stuff to do with games being out of sync which i think is one of the issues they are addressing

Although I will agree that if there's no co-op game progression that kind of sucks as the main reason I bought it was for the co-op but at the end of the day for the price I paid i'm happy with it
Kilgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
xStaticx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I suppose it depends what exactly are the issues you're having.

If it's being unable to join each other then there's no fixing that unless you sort out firewall/ports.

I had problems connecting until i opened ports and bam, connected straight away.

The issues that I emailed them about was generally stuff to do with games being out of sync which i think is one of the issues they are addressing

Although I will agree that if there's no co-op game progression that kind of sucks as the main reason I bought it was for the co-op but at the end of the day for the price I paid i'm happy with it
Can you believe they were asking $41 on their website?
As for the multi issues, as outlined in the original post, ports opened or not, I was denied. The only time it worked was with a mate from finland without opening anyone ports and that was only once. You can't even use hamachi with this. It's the only game on my list that I can't play in multiplayer. (hawx 2 and killing floor never even caused a problem.)

Lastly, I even ran it str8 through the to the modem removing the router and turning off my firewall completly...I don't run an anti-virus as the machine being played on is strictly a gaming machine. Never had one, never will.

I've litterly exhausted all options, tried all combos, tried everything. It's safe to say at this point, its not my machine.

Last edited by xStaticx: 07-27-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
OwMyToe

Quote:
I've litterly exhausted all options, tried all combos, tried everything. It's safe to say at this point, its not my machine.
Just relax and wait. I've been through this exact same scenario with a few other indie games and sometimes through colossal effort I got it to work, and sometimes not. Every single time they eventually released a patch that fixed everything, so stop banging your head against the wall, I'm sure it'll come soon!
OwMyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
xStaticx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwMyToe View Post
Just relax and wait. I've been through this exact same scenario with a few other indie games and sometimes through colossal effort I got it to work, and sometimes not. Every single time they eventually released a patch that fixed everything, so stop banging your head against the wall, I'm sure it'll come soon!
Thanks for the encouraging words my friend!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #15
OwMyToe

Quote:
Thanks for the encouraging words my friend!
You're welcome! I'm hoping for a magical MP patch, too
OwMyToe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead