Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Still Life series

Old 06-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Bothman

BLACK SCREEN AFTER OPENING FALLOUT SHELTER- STILL LIFE 2

After opening the hatch of the fallout shelter, with Hawker, from the computer in the morgue, when I leave to get into the hall of the house, the screen goes black with the only company of background sounds. Does anyone else have this bug?

Well, after testing with different configurations, including the compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3, I still have the same problem.
To say that always happens when I go into that room with Hawker.

Intel i7
6 GB RAM
RADEON HD 5800 (updated)
Windows 7 x64

Regards.

Last edited by Bothman: 06-30-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
HanFred

I have the same problem after being in the room with the computer accompanied by Hawker. Whether I use the computer or not, upon stepping into the entry hall of the house, the screen goes black and I only hear the game's background noise.
Replaying form a save just before Hawker arrives unfortunately leads to the same Problem.

Intel I7 2600k
8GB RAM
Asus Sabertooth P67
Nvidia GTX580
Windows 7 x64

Last edited by HanFred: 07-10-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: added system specs
HanFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Bothman

Well, I'm not alone after all...
But, it seems to have no solution.
Bothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
HanFred

No. Have to find a savegame to circumvent the problem.
I tried an even older save - no luck. Tried one from the internet that was before the problem too - no luck.
Seems we need a savegame after the problematic scene. Will post it here, if I find one. Please do the same if you do.
If that even helps, other people seem to get the problem shortly after this scene too.

Edit: Found some there: http://www.adventurespiele.net/Cmods...load-sid-1.htm
(search the downloads for "still life 2")
But you'll have to register. And the site's in german. Will now check if there's a good one in the archive.

Last edited by HanFred: 07-11-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
HanFred

It... kinda worked, I guess (Save nr. 27). But since the save is from the german version too, there is no voice acting anymore. Changing the game to german to see what happens.
Also, Vic carries the metal detector even though it isn't in her inventory, hmm... :/

Edit: It worked so far, as suspected it was because of a scripted scene followed by a video that weren't triggered or something like that.
Now I'll have to continue in german I guess, hope the voice acting's not too bad. Doesn't help you if you don't understand it of course.

Last edited by HanFred: 07-11-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: update
Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Bothman

Oh! Thank you.
I'll try it.

Hmmm... "Also, Vic carries the metal detector even though it isn't in her inventory, hmm... :/"

Before getting stuck with Hawker in the damn basement, I experienced the same weird thing with the metal detector. I'm running the spanish location. I see that this must be a general bug in the game.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
Bothman

I just updated the drivers for my Radeon 5850 HD to Catalyst 11.7 and I've finally gotten out of that damn room!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #8
edea

I just found yesterday that bug, the screen goes black when entering the hall, just after using the computer.

In case that anyone else finds the same issue, here's what I did:
-Loaded a savegame where you have not yet asked Hawker to check the blocked computer.
-Talked to the Sheriff (she's in the kitchen) about everything, and get the car keys from her and the metal detector from the car.
-Then I went to talk to Hawker and go check the computer.

After that, I located the hatch and then went back to the computer and opened it, and then it worked fine, no more black screen.

In my case, I think the bug was caused because I went to the computer room without having talked to the Sheriff.

Last edited by edea: 10-01-2013 at 04:16 AM.
edea is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Still Life series