Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Yoshiro

Tripwire Interactive
German Version - FAQ

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/faq/germany/

So we don't have to answer it in every single thread that comes up.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Acewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
So we don't have to answer it in every single thread that comes up.
You know you want to...
Acewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Kaese

Quote:
We actually don’t think it makes THAT big a difference, but we realize it does to some people. But if you buy the game OUTSIDE Germany and ship it in, then the German government is losing out on VAT revenue which just MIGHT make someone take notice of the silliness of the whole thing.
Just FYI, YOU are losing 5€/7$ on everyone getting it gifted due to your unfair pricing. Rightfully so.
Kaese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
kocy

I am german... And I would rather not have it released in Germany.

Its just better to not have a censored version at all, and let german people import the game...

But i can understand that such a decision means a bunch of loss in money, as many people just dont know how to import.
kocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Wilsonam

Tripwire Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocy View Post
I am german... And I would rather not have it released in Germany.

Its just better to not have a censored version at all, and let german people import the game...

But i can understand that such a decision means a bunch of loss in money, as many people just dont know how to import.
it is a hard decision - and one we may re-visit with future games. lets see what USK gives us this time first!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
Lejonet

Quote:
USK provides the ratings in Germany. Their process is not the most helpful. There are no published guidelines (unlike PEGI/BBFC/ESRB) to help.
Poor germans, thats such a ...(insertsomethingwhatyouthinkhere)...

Maybe it helps you, since june they have something like that (at least it's that what i think you meant):

(http://www.usk.de/die-usk/grundsaetze/) ->

http://www.usk.de/fileadmin/document...terien_USK.pdf

Sorry, but I found no english version.

Btw: If I would buy someone in germany that game as a gift, will it be uncut ur cut? I'm not sure about that point, because the last thing I can remember about that is that Steam looks for the IP while you activate the game, but it would be really cool if that is an old information ^^.

Last edited by Lejonet: 08-05-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Lejonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #7
-=oWn4g3=-

If you buy it in Germany and gift it to someone else it will be the cut version. It always depends on the country where the game was bought, not the one where it was "activated".
-=oWn4g3=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
STARSBarry

ahhh i see so this is one of those Gadolf Schmittler chansoler of Bermany episodes when we get no SS badges etc ouch.... oh well long as I get to shoot some Jerrys its all good no matter what they wear is historicaly accurate or not
STARSBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
DerRidda

Ok, let me repost this here:

Yeah, stick to the USK ratings and release the game so that it just barely makes a USK 18 rating.

BUT! Give the community a chance to get the gore back in, in a way that isn't a VAC offense.

You don't have to offer the solution yourself just don't hinder us to implement it.

Please consider this.
DerRidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
daflipp

Quote:
If you buy the game online, with a German IP address, you WILL get a German license, resulting in a “cut” version. If you buy the game from a non-German IP address, or are gifted it from outside Germany, then you will get the “ROW” (Rest of World) version, which is uncut.
Useful information. I wonder why Valve did not want to give such information when they were releasing Left 4 Dead.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
ukhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
Useful information. I wonder why Valve did not want to give such information when they were releasing Left 4 Dead.
Perhaps because they don't want to contravene publishers agreements? I mean yes you can do this but it's strictly an unofficial method and nobody will offer company support for it.
ukhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
anokhi

USK and censorship in Germany is , glad I bought the game through a friend in the US. Thanks for the heads-up that I did the right thing.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
ChuckN0rr1st

i imported it too.
i made that mistake once with killing floor and never again
rather play no game than a censored
ChuckN0rr1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
beute89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonam View Post
it is a hard decision - and one we may re-visit with future games. lets see what USK gives us this time first!
Did you sent them an uncut version?

This whole "probably will be cut" " dismemberment will probably go away" doesnt quite fit if you already sent them a cut version so they can rate it.

If you sent them the uncut version than there is technically still a possibility that this game will be released uncut here, right?
Maybe they will be less strict this time...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #15
seraphin322

Imagine there will be a uncut/blood-patch one day, what are the risks for me if I use something like that?
seraphin322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad