Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Uns33N

Question Problem When installing patch 1.0.4.0 - GTA IV

I've been having a really annoying problem with GTA IV lately. I've wanted to install some mods, and since most mods only support 1.0.4.0 and down, i wanted to downgrade. I followed the instructions on this link: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...a_iv_for_mods/

I all went fine until i realized that GTA IV was not fully installed. So i opened up Steam, pressed: "Delete Local Content" I let it uninstall and then i installed it again. But after it finished downloading, and i wanted to patch it down, it gave me the error: "Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected ... ". I did some digging and reinstalled RGSC.

Then when i launched the Patch it told me that GTA IV was not detected. So i went ahead and reinstalled AGAIN, yet it told me the same. I've tried running in compatibility mode and Admin mode but nothing helps. I've read that it's something with the Registry codes. So i found some .reg files that was supposed to fix the error of it not detecting the game. Yet nothing has worked.

So i ran system restore. It went fine, i supposedly already had the game installed, and i was able to patch it, but when i was done, i discovered that the game in fact WAS NOT installed so i did the same thing again by deleting the game and redownloading. Yet it just gives me the exact same error. This is getting REALLY annoying. So is there a registry file that actually works? If that isn't the problem then what is ?

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Memory: 8192MB RAM

EDIT: Sorry for not going through what i wrote. I wrote it in a hurry.
EDIT 2: I actually fixed it by just opening the game up through steam. It fixed the "RGSC Not detected error" and there didn't come any GTA IV not detected error. Don't know why.

Last edited by Uns33N: 08-08-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Deadly_Target

Good for you.
Deadly_Target is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series