Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #91
BoneyardBrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_1 View Post
I don't really like that if I move a friend into a category that friend also stays in the all friends group. I suppose it makes that he would be in all friends, but I would rather that not be.
I feel the same way. Hopefully they change that in a future update.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #92
goldnuts

Yes Steam Wallet funds pleeeeease

And cool, buy games and let them sit until someone wants it ? cool :]
Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #93
Codename22

Yeah I figured out that you can't have 2 betas at once, still strange that I was having some parts from the beta.
I am now on the correct beta however I still won't see trade invites, I can however invite other to trade.
Note that the weird multiple tabs bug is now resolved since I am now on the correct beta.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #94
fashnek

My Team Spirit paint is showing up as black in my inventory.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #95
lapppy

Quote:
- Added inventory view on Steam Community profiles, to see your TF2 items
Thanks for this!

Quote:
- Fixed a case where Steam Guard would unnecessarily re-ask for activation in the Steam Client.
Juuust before I downloaded the beta it asked me to activate... thanks for the fix?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #96
m2pt5

The items in the trade window should be organized in the same way as in the in-game backpack - it would make finding specific items easier (and yes I noticed the filter box.)
Old 08-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #97
CaffeineRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIENER View Post
The TF2 inventory should show the items in the order they are on the pages instead of random or what they are now.
Community, TF2 items are in random order
See gifts that people got is nice

Really neat feature this Steam Trade.
I completely agree with this. It is a mess trying to figure out what I have spare and don't via the in-client backpack viewer. I have to look myself up on a backpack viewing website to figure it out.

Otherwise, great update and I hope sorting of some sort is added before this goes live.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #98
Prejudiced

TF2 has finally became 200% of Valve's currency. (:
Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #99
fashnek

I want completely discrete privacy settings for:
  1. Existing profile things
  2. Items in inventory
  3. Steam subscriptions / licenses in inventory

I don't think these things should share privacy settings. I don't want anyone seeing my gift copies. This is a big issue for me.

BIG PROBLEM: This interface exposes the email address that I sent a gift to! An anonymous user can see it right there in my inventory. Why in the world would I ever want to make someone's email address public? Now I have to go and hide my profile, backpack, inventory, etc. just so that people's email addresses don't get leaked to the public. FIX THIS NOW! Never mind, looks like it got fixed. I know what I saw.

Last edited by fashnek: 08-09-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #100
Fantikerz

Exclamation

Ran into a bug.

Summary: Upon clicking on view inventory in chat with two monitors, the window expands horizontally and the main client window is moved off screen (presumably).
Severity: Major
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit, build 7600
Description: I have two monitors. I run Steam on my alternate monitor and everything else on the other [main] monitor (the one with the Windows 7 task bar). When I try to view my inventory via a chat screen this happens (large image) and I'm unable to view the main Steam window. For a reference, here's what it looked like before - I didn't change anything between the two screenshots. I can view my friends list and the chat after resizing it but that's about it until I restart steam (making sure to opt-out of the beta). I am able to reproduce this problem.
Reproduce steps: Open chat on non-primary monitor, use dropdown to choose view inventory option.
Expected result: The main client window would take focus and show the inventory.
Actual result: The main client window is hidden (moved off-screen?) and the chat is stretched horizontally beyond recognition.

I can supply more details if required.

P.S. I love the friends list changes!

Edit: starting a trade has the same effect.

Last edited by Fantikerz: 08-09-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #101
Xury46

This was an awesome idea I've gotta hand it to you guys.
Here are a few things I have noticed/have questions about:

TF2 items:
Team Spirit painted items show up as painted black.
Strange weapons show up purple as if they were Unusual.
Items that have "Crafted by:" text on them in game don't have the text in the viewer.

And my question: If a game is purchased as a pre-order that would contain a promo item in TF2 when the gift is opened, does it keep a date on it so that is can be traded around and the final receiver will get the promo item?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #102
Yeef

Ran into a minor bug on the servers menu. The shadow from the overhang darkens a part of the text. It seems to only happen on the "Favorites" and "Friends" tabs. it happens on the other tabs as well while the lists are populating, but disappears after a split second. it's persistent on Friends and Favorites, however.

Example here: http://imgur.com/137N3
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #103
ksl5547

There's a lot of wasted space if you don't show avatars, and I'm not in any groups either so I don't need that whole tab.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #104
Chronomaster

Neat, neat, neat.

I've had my chat dialog scroll erratically in this beta, after linking an item, leaving a huge gap of space at the bottom one message and realigning the next.

TF2 items are sorted by date acquired (ascending), not by backpack position. This is a little confusing, since players may break their backpack order inadvertently if they trade away an item with the same properties as one they have set aside for their playset. It would be an odd case, but for me at least, an item's position has meaning, so the connection to whether an item I'm trading through this interface is the exact item I had set aside for trading isn't clear.

Privacy settings permitting, there should be an option to easily see who has games available for trade through your wishlist or the game's store page. This could help facilitate a higher trade rate instead of having to poke around every player's profile.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #105
afarnsworth

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashnek View Post
BIG PROBLEM: This interface exposes the email address that I sent a gift to! An anonymous user can see it right there in my inventory. Why in the world would I ever want to make someone's email address public? Now I have to go and hide my profile, backpack, inventory, etc. just so that people's email addresses don't get leaked to the public. FIX THIS NOW!
Only you can see the email address you sent the gift to, other users do not see anything below the "View store page" button when they are looking at your inventory.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion