Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Old 08-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
mutantchikin

AMD 6750M Drivers..

I just got a new MacBook pro today and was installing bootcamp and all the drivers and software inside of windows. I wanted to download the AMD Drivers from the website but when I try to install them it says my computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is a way around this.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
icy1007

You just need to install the notebook catalyst drivers. They work fine with the 6750M in the MBP.
icy1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
mutantchikin

I did try that... Those are the drivers that told me i didn't have a graphics card. I did find that AMD did have a special for bootcamp drivers but they hadn't been updated since January... Thanks.
mutantchikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
rossip

If you are using windows 7 x64, this should be the proper driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...b_win7-64.aspx
rossip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
mutantchikin

I did try that. When i try to install it gives me an error saying my computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter. I clearly have it.. and it runs games very well, i am just a little curious now why it cannot find the GPU... and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue with a 2011 MacBook Pro 2.2 i7.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
Adthegreat

I have the same computer and like you I had the same problem where it told me that I didn't have a proper graphics adapter. I downloaded this and it installed properly. Now I don't know if it makes a difference at all, but at least it works.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
rossip

I have two more suggestions. First it looks like AMD's web page has an auto detect feature for graphics cards now. Perhaps that will get your card the proper driver. Second, look up the driver version you're running now (under device manager, see the properties of your graphics adapter-> driver (I think that's where you find it)). The most current driver version is 8.872. The bootcamp driver currently on AMD's website is 8.812. If your driver number is bigger than 8.812, don't install AMD's website bootcamp driver, as you will be downgrading your driver.
rossip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
Adthegreat

Oh no! I don't know what I had before but it is 8.812 now...

With the auto-detecting software I get the same problem as always, where it says that there is no adapter or something.

Last edited by Adthegreat: 08-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
mutantchikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adthegreat View Post
Oh no! I don't know what I had before but it is 8.812 now...

With the auto-detecting software I get the same problem as always, where it says that there is no adapter or something.
Yeah I have the same problem. I am going to put in the MacOS installation disk and reinstall the AMD Driver software and see if that changes anything. I found that the BOOTCAMP drivers on the AMD websites were kinda crappy, and they bogged my computer down with the CCC.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
Adthegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantchikin View Post
Yeah I have the same problem. I am going to put in the MacOS installation disk and reinstall the AMD Driver software and see if that changes anything. I found that the BOOTCAMP drivers on the AMD websites were kinda crappy, and they bogged my computer down with the CCC.
I might do the same, although I haven't actually noticed any performance differences since I downloaded the CCC. If anything I would have said that it seems to run better, although that might just be a placebo effect. The important part is that my games still run fine I suppose, and eventually they might actually release a Macbook Pro compatible driver after all. Maybe I should just wait.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam