Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkstar One

Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
xaphoid

invert Y axis

why oh why does this game not have the option to invert y axis? Real airplanes and most space sims default to this. It's how I've always played them and now my brain will not adjust. If I were to use a joystick would up still point you up and down would point you down? I hope not.

I want to play this game and feel like I'll never get that chance now. good thing it was on sell for less than 3 bucks.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
GaTu

Why dont u try to just remap it and invert the axis manually?

Greetings
GaTu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
Drizzzit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTu View Post
Why dont u try to just remap it and invert the axis manually?

Greetings
How do you remap and invert the axis manually?

I tried clicking the y-axis control and remapping it to a different key, but this was not possible. I tried clicking the secondary button (which shows invert axis -text if you hover the cursor over it) but clicking it does nothing.

I installed a logitech wingman rumblepad just to see if I could do the inverting with it, but I did not manage to do this. It seems that I can map the secondary controller buttons only for a couple of buttons.

I even tried installing MafMouse software for my basic Logitech mouse in Win7 but Win7 did not regocnise the inf file.

The game looks ok (though 1650x1050 resolution did not work) and I would like to play it, but the lack of invert mouse setting makes it unplayable I would appreciate if someone has found a solution to the problem
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
stingo1982

Inverting axis

Hello!
I`ve recently bought this game in a pack, and Throttle on my joystick (Z-Axis) was inverted, after some time spended trying, it worked out - all you have to do is click ONCE on the red box right of axis in Primary controls (which shows invert axis text if you hover the cursor over it)and it will be inverted. Click it again and it inverts again.
I`ve tried that with Trust and Roll controls and it worked.
stingo1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Hilamonsta

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo1982 View Post
Hello!
...all you have to do is click ONCE on the red box right of axis in Primary controls (which shows invert axis text if you hover the cursor over it)and it will be inverted. Click it again and it inverts again....

Thank you. I was taking shots in the dark when my stick would flip upon loading my save game and I never realized what I was doing right or wrong. It's amazing that the developers didn't think to label this more clearly. The pop-up is clearly not enough of a hint.
Hilamonsta is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkstar One