Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
theriv

CS:GO and ESPORTS

I posted this to HPE forums but they directed me here.

im not sure of where else to post this. I will also be posting this on reddit.

What i would like to see is CS:GO become a full spectator sport just like starcraft 2. The excitement that you can get from watching your favorite game be played at a professional level makes for high inspiration and great fun from competitiveness. We saw what what is was like in the CGS but other than that in USA at least we haven't seen much counter strike. I don't think i need to bring up the travesty that was CPL.

Look at MLG in America. Wonderful. So many views on the internet stream and what looks like a packed arena. It would be hard to not have this as CS:GO's goal to be part of. Of course we still see the competitive scene of counter strike isn't completely dead with the leagues and the still popular in other country LAN events such as Dreamhack.

I would love to see a new system similar to starcrafts spectator system and a revamp of the counter strike demo system.

Examples -1 Click demos/replays (instead of going to the dev console and manually launching)

-Picture in picture to show the action from both sides! (very useful in 1v1 situations)

-10 man screen. See what everyone is doing and full screen could be a click away to your favorite player or the top fragger your trying to learn from.

-Multiple people watching the same demo/match like in CSS's spectate feature

-Revamped UI. I cant stress this point enough. It wasn't easy to watch demos in CSS. Make it easy to skip to a point/ fast forward/ rewind with a click of a button.

-Hotkeys to show information. Overlays to show score or money or how many people are left. All built in.

-Tournament system (like tf2)

It is a necessary step for Counter Strike to take this step forward. If it is true that Valve and Hidden Path want to bring back the competitiveness of Counter Strike. It has to happen. Without a user friendly revamped spectator/demo feature it will just be another game. Why not make it another game we see streaming on a pros site? Not to mention the obvious ad revenue. I would like it to be an easy click to see what I did wrong in a match i had or how a pro plays a spot. Learning from replays and demos is a part of gaming whether it be RTS or FPS (starcraft 2 replay feature, call of duty's theater mode). It shouldn't be a task to do so.

With this proposal my goal is to get some information to where this subject may be leading or even tip you in. Thank you for reading. I hope you take this post seriously.

Last edited by theriv: 08-13-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
thunderraiden

They will have to downsize the models before any of that can happen.
thunderraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
ThE_MarD

Heyyo,

I'm in support of this. They should put some focus into esports in this title as to most hardcore Counter Strike fans that would probably love and want to see in the future of the game.

Of course another thing I'd like to see is a built in tournament system like TF2 had with auto-side switching and retaining the scoreboard (it was annoying doing CSS scrims back when I used to and trying to remember the scoreboard while we figure out tactics at round start).

Let's not turn this topic into an anti-CSS/CSGO topic thunderraiden please, this topic is to focus on what features we'd want in the game.
ThE_MarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
theriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_MarD View Post
Heyyo,

I'm in support of this. They should put some focus into esports in this title as to most hardcore Counter Strike fans that would probably love and want to see in the future of the game.

Of course another thing I'd like to see is a built in tournament system like TF2 had with auto-side switching and retaining the scoreboard (it was annoying doing CSS scrims back when I used to and trying to remember the scoreboard while we figure out tactics at round start).

Let's not turn this topic into an anti-CSS/CSGO topic thunderraiden please, this topic is to focus on what features we'd want in the game.

thanks MarD! edited for tournament system feature.
theriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
theriv

BUMP!!!!
theriv is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source