Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series

Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
derkaderka

i suppose the problem these people are having is that the code they purchased has gone missing, once the game disappeared from the steam list.

this is only a problem for people who bought the game on steam and didn't manage to go as far as to register their game code with the aoc/funcom website where the funcom recognizes you own the game.

sure, they can just go to the funcom site and download the free game, but without the steam code they don't have proof that they bought the game, and that code should get thm 30 days of premium access. premium is much different than the f2p access.

am i wrong?

personally, i can go to the funcom site and dl the game and get access to premium of i so choose, because i already registered and funcom knows what kind of account i own because i already entered my codes on their website before steam made them disappear. others here on steam that bought the game before it went f2p are not all that fortunate.

Last edited by derkaderka: 07-27-2011 at 02:47 PM.
derkaderka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 AM   #17
MitchellGoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by derkaderka View Post
i suppose the problem these people are having is that the code they purchased has gone missing, once the game disappeared from the steam list.

this is only a problem for people who bought the game on steam and didn't manage to go as far as to register their game code with the aoc/funcom website where the funcom recognizes you own the game.

sure, they can just go to the funcom site and download the free game, but without the steam code they don't have proof that they bought the game, and that code should get thm 30 days of premium access. premium is much different than the f2p access.

am i wrong?

personally, i can go to the funcom site and dl the game and get access to premium of i so choose, because i already registered and funcom knows what kind of account i own because i already entered my codes on their website before steam made them disappear. others here on steam that bought the game before it went f2p are not all that fortunate.
Yeah, I was told that I would get a premium account because I bought the game. I'm guessing that I need a CD-key or something for that. Where can I find that now?
MitchellGoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
BionicAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerking View Post
You seem to be missing the point, These people paid for the game. Wether it's free or not it should not be taken away from them.
Well if these people got it from the square enix pack,which had a jarateload of games for dirt cheap,and AoC being completely free,i dont see how it was taken away at all. and like the post above said,with the response,that AoC wasnt even part of that pack anymore. they still get the game,just need to download it from the offical AoC website and link it to steam,and tada,they got what they paid for.(which was absolutely nothing,because it was free anyways)

imo,they should've taken a better approach to like..letting people know AoC was going F2P(for those who were unaware),like a flash screen on the main store page,or an update pop-up,or just remove it alot sooner. then this wouldnt have happened. wasnt trying to sound like a in my post,people were just wondering why it got removed,and i gavem my response.

Last edited by BionicAir: 07-28-2011 at 08:22 PM.
BionicAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicAir View Post
Well if these people got it from the square enix pack,which had a jarateload of games for dirt cheap,and AoC being completely free,i dont see how it was taken away at all. and like the post above said,with the response,that AoC wasnt even part of that pack anymore. they still get the game,just need to download it from the offical AoC website and link it to steam,and tada,they got what they paid for.(which was absolutely nothing,because it was free anyways)

imo,they should've taken a better approach to like..letting people know AoC was going F2P(for those who were unaware),like a flash screen on the main store page,or an update pop-up,or just remove it alot sooner. then this wouldnt have happened. wasnt trying to sound like a in my post,people were just wondering why it got removed,and i gavem my response.
Your "get it from the website and link it to your steam account" is NOT problem solved. People still paid money, it doesn't matter if it was in a pack or not, nor does it being free mean anything. Money was spent and the game was listed as included.

It's not really free either, the key would of given new users a month of premium access. AoCs F2P is basically an extended trial and very restricted.
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #20
MitchellGoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Your "get it from the website and link it to your steam account" is NOT problem solved. People still paid money, it doesn't matter if it was in a pack or not, nor does it being free mean anything. Money was spent and the game was listed as included.

It's not really free either, the key would of given new users a month of premium access. AoCs F2P is basically an extended trial and very restricted.
Exactly. I was planning on playing it soon with a friend. He told me that I would get a month of premium service because I bought it. And there seems to be quite a big difference between F2P and premium, according to him. I'll be mailing Funcom about this soon.
MitchellGoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #21
Ella22

Quote:
and like the post above said,with the response,that AoC wasnt even part of that pack anymore. they still get the game,just need to download it from the offical AoC website and link it to steam,and tada,they got what they paid for.(which was absolutely nothing,because it was free anyways)
Some of us have not received any response so until e-mailed or told otherwise from an official person that it was not part of the pack or whatever the case may be it remains hearsay. Even if this was the case it does not show much confidence for customers if they randomly add games or take them away without providing any information or apology for making errors... Your solution to get a trial/f2p version of the game which is completely different and is something that is sold in retail shops is insulting to say the least.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #22
nugatory

Quote:

Steam are actually lying to us because it DID come with the Square Enix Pack which I paid good money for. It's the biggest game that is.. well WAS in my steam list at 20gb then did a 4.9gb update ontop of that.

I don't know what the people at Steam support are actually on.. I find them tedious to deal with. I've had account issues where they haven't given me the cd-key (error contacting key server msg) and when they have responded they told me to "validate the game cache"... when the actual problem was that Steam ran out of cd-keys to give us. It resolved itself in a couple of days but no thanks to Steam support what so ever.

There should also be a rating of usefulness on Steam Support and if there was, it'd get picked up pretty quickly how useless their customer service and help really is.

There is another thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=23844489 which is listing EXACTLY the same problem as this thread.

Last edited by nugatory: 07-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #23
stefan9

When I bought the square enix pack it was listed as part of the pack.

Steam support finally got back to me.

Quote:
Message by Support Tech Vince on Thu, 28th Jul 2011 4:46 pm
Hello Stefan,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

This game was not intended to be included as part of this purchase.

The game has been removed as it is not available on Steam.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
stefan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #24
Fynmar

Yeah, thats nice but I bought this package with a AoC key and now I want my AoC key!
Fynmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #25
johnnypay

the game is still in my library didnt know it came with the SE pack. just wondering as its still there does that mean i get 30 days premium access?
johnnypay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #26
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypay View Post
the game is still in my library didnt know it came with the SE pack. just wondering as its still there does that mean i get 30 days premium access?
You just need the key that came with the game when you bought it. Go to the AOC site to make an account and enter the key where it asks for one.
slayerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #27
johnnypay

oh ok i dont have a cd key
johnnypay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypay View Post
oh ok i dont have a cd key
You should have, Right click on age of conan and there should be an option to view game key that's what you need.
slayerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
Boneless69

Banned
like many other games on steam,it disappeared

to my knowledge it disappeared COMPLETELY

you cant buy it,play it,or see it on your game list

its FREE TO PLAY now
Boneless69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
spyrochaete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneless69 View Post
like many other games on steam,it disappeared

to my knowledge it disappeared COMPLETELY

you cant buy it,play it,or see it on your game list

its FREE TO PLAY now
It's probably gone because Funcom doesn't want to give Steam a cut of their microtransaction profits. Maybe they'll change their minds at some point.

FYI, if you bought the game from Steam previously it should be available to you forever even if they remove it from the store.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Conan Series