Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR

Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #16
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
We are aware of a crash introduced in Patch 1.2, involving the mouse wheel and certain singleplayer challenges (and possibly other places)

We'll get a hotfix for this real quick here.

SNDZag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
Flexscan

I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal.
Flexscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexscan View Post
I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal.
Should be fixed now. v1.2.2

Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Flexscan

Hi! Isuue is solved by v1.2.2.
Though, sometimes result screen is all zero. It's not everytime.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Glad to hear it's fixed!
Enjoy!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #21
Moe45673

This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.

At 5 bucks I almost pulled the trigger but I'm going to hold off a bit and see if it gets any cheaper during the Summer sale. As a starving student, I want to buy as many games as I can and so far I've only bought one at $2.50.

Still, I will probably own this by the end of the summer sale. It's on my wishlist!
Moe45673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #22
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe45673 View Post
This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun

Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
Flexscan

Lightbulb

Hi dev and stuff!
Just my 2 cent suggestion: I wish to modified game event message.

When oponent disturb me, display message at center of screen and more more large font.

'Flex's missile is destroyed your truck and roads !'
'Zag1's EMP is stunned your truck !'
(name is tam color)

Also if opponet's truck is goal.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #24
AeneasXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNDZag1 View Post
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun
So let me analyse your (very self-destructive) post here:
There are no GAMESTOPPING bugs anymore, but still plenty little ones.

You advise him he should get it with some friends, because in fact there are NO people online to play with!

and then you went on saying, that you won't have good fun with this game, but it only will be somewhat-fun to play. (acceptable levels of fun? sounds awful lol)

This is the worst marketing you could have ever done for your game! Are you trying to ruin yourself? oO
Why don't Sandswept Studios let someone else be "Community Manager" here? This is freaking hilarious!

ps: If I recall correctly here you even said that you aren't going to improve the game anymore after patch 1.2...
AeneasXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #25
HugoP

detour crashed in the tutorial with "Exception Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "c:\spiele\steam\steamapps\common\detour\log.t xt zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird" in english: "The Process can't access log.txt, because it is used by another process"

What can i do to fix the problem?

i use Windows Vista without adminrights
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexscan View Post
Hi dev and stuff!
Just my 2 cent suggestion: I wish to modified game event message.

When oponent disturb me, display message at center of screen and more more large font.

'Flex's missile is destroyed your truck and roads !'
'Zag1's EMP is stunned your truck !'
(name is tam color)

Also if opponet's truck is goal.
Hey Flexscan, thanks for the suggestion! However, we actually tried a lot of that during development and it caused a lot of crowding in the announcement area. There's already quite a bit going on at any given moment and that would simply flood it constantly. If you're having any trouble with situational awareness, be sure to press TAB for your minimap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoP View Post
detour crashed in the tutorial with "Exception Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "c:\spiele\steam\steamapps\common\detour\log.t xt zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird" in english: "The Process can't access log.txt, because it is used by another process"

What can i do to fix the problem?

i use Windows Vista without adminrights
Very strange! I'm not sure what that is. Do you have a log.txt file in your main DETOUR directory? If you do, please copy and paste the error(s) inside it. Also, if you could post your Steam display name, just in case it's a related issue, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneasXI View Post
So let me analyse your (very self-destructive) post here:
There are no GAMESTOPPING bugs anymore, but still plenty little ones.

You advise him he should get it with some friends, because in fact there are NO people online to play with!

and then you went on saying, that you won't have good fun with this game, but it only will be somewhat-fun to play. (acceptable levels of fun? sounds awful lol)

This is the worst marketing you could have ever done for your game! Are you trying to ruin yourself? oO
Why don't Sandswept Studios let someone else be "Community Manager" here? This is freaking hilarious!

ps: If I recall correctly here you even said that you aren't going to improve the game anymore after patch 1.2...
You've got to be kidding.

I can't name a single game, triple A or otherwise, that contains zero bugs. Admitting we have bugs is hardly a rare thing in the games industry, and saying we don't have any showstopper bugs (game-breaking bugs) is accurate, aside from one I can think of that happens in the menus and would require restarting the game (which takes roughly 15 seconds).

We're not in control of who plays the game online. We certainly can't sit there all day with a game running. Suggesting people play with friends is hardly a sign that there is much wrong with the game. We have tons of outlets for people to mingle, talk about DETOUR, and organize play.

Nowhere did I say it wasn't fun (if you're referring to the *disclaimer about fun not being legally guarenteed, that's what we call a joke, and hopefully the majority of people took it as such.)

We currently have no plans to patch after 1.2, but obviously this can always change. Right now there are no bugs stopping people from playing the game, aside from the odd crash here or there (which we need more information on in order to fix).

DETOUR is hella fun. You should definitely play it.

Last edited by SNDZag1: 08-03-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #27
HugoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNDZag1 View Post

Very strange! I'm not sure what that is. Do you have a log.txt file in your main DETOUR directory? If you do, please copy and paste the error(s) inside it. Also, if you could post your Steam display name, just in case it's a related issue, that would be most helpful. Thanks!
There are no errors inside log.txt only something like that: ...TellHost: 60
TellHost: 60
Broadcast: 545
Communicator: 60
Broadcast: 560
Communicator: 545
Communicator: 560
Broadcast: 511
Communicator: 511

I deleted the log.txt and after that i could finish the first tutorial level. Then it crashed with the same failure.

What's my "display name"?

I've made some screenshot's from the error. Could i send them to you e-mail-adress?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #28
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Your display name would be the name you use on Steam, for games. Under Steam > Settings > Friends tab. (It's actually called your Profile Name)

It might help if you send screenshots to contact@sandsweptstudios.com.

We'll see what we can do to help you out!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
HugoP

my display name was [KoV]HugoP without my clantag it works. Please fix it that i can use my clantag again
Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #30
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
my display name was [KoV]HugoP without my clantag it works. Please fix it that i can use my clantag again
I suppose we didn't post this here, but this has been fixed!

It was due to a way we use certain [bracket] strings in our text resources.

Thanks!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR