Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series

Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #76
alexraccc

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No...
Matt,What can we do?I've started a ticket on steam support right now and I hope I wont get banned.I didnt even knew what was the key for.
alexraccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #77
Zamav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCUDO View Post
snip
Reading comprehension, you need to learn that.

I wasn't talking to you when I said steam gifts are safe, you came out of nowhere and claimed that they weren't safe. After proven false, you insisted Steam Gifts can contain one of the 1000 leaked keys.

I assumed you were talking about GFWL keys when you said "gift keys" and I explained the difference between those and the leaked keys, because at that point, what you were saying was exactly misinformation. Then you clinged on to the GFWL for some obscure reason.

Fact is, I only claimed this, Steam Gifts do not and cannot contain those leaked keys.

Until you learn some reading comprehension it doesn't matter who you quote from the first page.
Zamav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #78
Phoenixst

As for Steamgifts
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/y610...the-time-being
Phoenixst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #79
ESCUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamav View Post
Reading comprehension, you need to learn that.

I wasn't talking to you when I said steam gifts are safe, you came out of nowhere and claimed that they weren't safe. After proven false, you insisted Steam Gifts can contain one of the 1000 leaked keys.

I assumed you were talking about GFWL keys when you said "gift keys" and I explained the difference between those and the leaked keys, because at that point, what you were saying was exactly misinformation. Then you clinged on to the GFWL for some obscure reason.

Fact is, I only claimed this, Steam Gifts do not and cannot contain those leaked keys.

Until you learn some reading comprehension it doesn't matter who you quote from the first page.
You were the one who started accusing Valve by saying even Valve emplyees do giveaways on /v/.

Quote:
To be fair, even some Valve employees make giveaways on /v/.
You were the first one to talk about steam Gifts site thing, which again has nothing to do with this thread or the /v/ in first place. /v/ is one thing Steam Gifts is another thing.

You talk about comprehension?

You're funny, the irony in your posts are something hilarious.

Anyway keep talking alone, i'm done with you.
ESCUDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 AM   #80
Zamav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCUDO View Post
You were the one who started accusing Valve by saying even Valve emplyees do giveaways on /v/.

You were the first one to talk about steam Gifts site thing, which again has nothing to do with this thread or the /v/ in first place. /v/ is one thing Steam Gifts is another thing.

You talk about comprehension?

You're funny, the irony in your posts are something hilarious.

Anyway keep talking alone, i'm done with you.
I'm not accusing anyone, I'm simply stating the truth. Anyone who hangs out on /v/ knows that occasionally some Valve employees make giveaways, they do that via Steam Gifts (not the web site) by giving the gift to the people that add them to their friend list.

Thread had a negative tone against /v/ and its giveaways, as if everything happened there was illegal, so I pointed out the obvious.

Again, reading comprehension, work on that.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #81
Raikomaru

Quote:
I'm not accusing anyone, I'm simply stating the truth. Anyone who hangs out on /v/ knows that occasionally some Valve employees make giveaways, they do that via Steam Gifts (not the web site) by giving the gift to the people that add them to their friend list.

Thread had a negative tone against /v/ and its giveaways, as if everything happened there was illegal, so I pointed out the obvious.

Again, reading comprehension, work on that.
Valve employees make giveaways on /v/? Are you sure you're not just thinking of regular people gifting games? I've never seen proof that actual employees are gifting games to people on , of all places.
Raikomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #82
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
unfortunately,
complete AMD promotion key list leaked to internet
(around 3 millions DIRT 3 keys)

i assume that proper course action will be simply blacklist every key
and remove them silently from accounts then tell users to re-register new ones

or ... do nothing

in short never put .sql database with game keys on webserver
where simple missing .htaccess can leak it

Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #83
Noja87

That sucks. I already contacted steam support and asked them to remove the game. Waiting for a response.
Noja87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #84
Raikomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
unfortunately,

or ... do nothing

I'm quite broke right now, so I'll be extremely irritated if the Dirt 3 key I bought on Ebay ends up getting removed from my account without any replacement. I saw no reason to assume it was illegal from the seller's profile and it didn't match up with the many other keys I've seen online so far.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #85
Zamav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikomaru View Post
Valve employees make giveaways on /v/? Are you sure you're not just thinking of regular people gifting games? I've never seen proof that actual employees are gifting games to people on , of all places.
/v/ is not satans lair or something. Lots of people there do giveaways, some don't even buy games to themselves, there's a strong gifting culture there, among everything else. Why is it so hard to believe a Valve employee doing a giveaway there?

I'm not going to give names as it is probably against rules, and quite frankly, I don't have any right to.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #86
Raikomaru

Quote:
/v/ is not satans lair or something. Lots of people there do giveaways, some don't even buy games to themselves, there's a strong gifting culture there, among everything else. Why is it so hard to believe a Valve employee doing a giveaway there?

I'm not going to give names as it is probably against rules, and quite frankly, I don't have any right to.
/v/ can be just as bad as /b/ sometimes, to be honest.

I'm aware of the "strong gifting culture". I've given/received plenty of gifts on /v/, it just seems to me like Valve would rather focus on more reputable sites, but I won't completely dismiss the possibility, it just seems unlikely.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #87
Dave Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
unfortunately,

or ... do nothing

All of them just getting removed would just be great. I'm still waiting for this to be removed from my account safely, and since it's labor day, I'm going to have to stare at it and feel awful for the rest of the day unless someone is actually working at Steam support today. I never thought it would turn out like this, a code hacking was not even one of the things I expected it could be. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay some money for the damage I've done by registering this key. I just really hope things turn out okay for those of us who STUPIDLY decided to register these codes. It's a huge lesson to a lot of us and we've had to learn this in a REALLY bad way.
Dave Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #88
Smog1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasidian6 View Post
i dont think i should have to be traced back to anything just to trade a cd key i own. its my fault or whoevers if they lost the key or it got stolen. also, in order to use steam trading, you are permanently binding a key to steam, and are then bound forever to them terms and conditions, i see no rhyme or reason for that.

and in addition, i am now obligating myself to make a new steam account for each game i buy, so i would be able to protect myself with the rights visa gives me.

to the licensors of software: beware the chargebacks if you screw me. and good luck getting me to buy another product where lies are blatant and not even accepted by the company that gave them (from dust).

also, if my opinion does not match yours, it could be due to you being a tool of the "establishment" to protect their "rights" over yours as a consumer.
There's a difference between accepting that some things are done for the best and being a "Tool of the Establishment".

There's also a difference between protecting your rights and being paranoid. Your post suggests you've entered the paranoid zone. I take it you see black helicopters and believe the government is trying to get you?
Smog1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #89
Raikomaru

Quote:
I'm quite broke right now, so I'll be extremely irritated if the Dirt 3 key I bought on Ebay ends up getting removed from my account without any replacement. I saw no reason to assume it was illegal from the seller's profile and it didn't match up with the many other keys I've seen online so far.
Well, I got very lucky. I contacted the seller about this leaked key fiasco and he assured me it was a legitimate key he got from a recent video card purchase. He even forwarded me the "Thank you for choosing AMD" email that he received from AMD with the key.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #90
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
Quote:
Well, I got very lucky. I contacted the seller about this leaked key fiasco and he assured me it was a legitimate key he got from a recent video card purchase. He even forwarded me the "Thank you for choosing AMD" email that he received from AMD with the key.
which means nothing because i can assure that key is in the 3 millions batch which leaked ...

why? because these are the exact same databases

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series