Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft

Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
The Comrad

18 wheels of steal american long hule issue

Hi i bought this game about 6 months ago and i loved it. but i reinstalled windows and did back it up and all that but now all it says is that it cant open the graphics and i looked this up and they sayed that all i should have to do is do ether reinstall the game which i did 3 times!!!!!!! But that didnt work and they said that compatability mode might work but heress the problem i cant open compatibility mod with any steam games. so can anyone help i could reallly use it btw i have a good comp with a 64 bit opperating system.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
The Comrad

Hay guys I that some people actualy are sort of trying to help it would be nice if someone reaplied but what ever Anyway it got worst it now wont evan open but i do hope that when this is fixed it will work again, and anyhelp would do plz.
The Comrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
Toad213

Uh, Well im just going to guess, contact steam support or valusoft otherwise probably because it was a new computer and the seriel key or something,

sorry for not much, i just guessed, your welcome if it helped you out
Toad213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
The Comrad

Oh aliright i'll give that shot Thanks for the response
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
The Comrad

Ok so it said that if i update my vidio card it would work but it still didnt work and i dont know what to do.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
The Comrad

Ok so i think i fixed the graphics but i wont know b/c i cant open it says preparing to launch 18 wos alh and then nothing i disappears and nothing happens HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP plz
Old 04-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #7
Toad213

Ok when it launch may take 5 min max, otherwise re-launch and they said to update video card? did you do it through steam? next to update video card also that mean you launched game if you changed graphics?
Toad213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
The Comrad

ok so what happens is that it askes for addministator so i say yes but then it askes again and again and it only goes away after i say no 2 times plz help
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
lazloe

try opening STEAM as administrator as well...
Right click icon > Run As ..
I have had some success with this with other titles with startup issues. Dont know why ANY game would need admin access, but whatever..
lazloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
iKai

@OP
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Find the game folder, find the executable for the game > right click > properties > compatibility > XP SP3 + Run as admin (if needed)

Also right click > run steam as admin for it (if needed).

Also try updating graphic card drivers and run:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...a-9b6652cd92a3

-

"Dont know why ANY game would need admin access, but whatever.. "

Seems logical to me.
iKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
The Comrad

So i have updated my graphics card gotten rid of administator no longer useing combatibility i have waited now 10 min and it won't start i really want to play this game also sad face () is sad
Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
Piston Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Comrad View Post
Hi i bought this game about 6 months ago and i loved it. but i reinstalled windows and did back it up and all that but now all it says is that it cant open the graphics and i looked this up and they sayed that all i should have to do is do ether reinstall the game which i did 3 times!!!!!!! But that didnt work and they said that compatability mode might work but heress the problem i cant open compatibility mod with any steam games. so can anyone help i could reallly use it btw i have a good comp with a 64 bit opperating system.

I know it's a little late but I just came across this post and remembered I got a "Cannot open Graphics" message a while back. I remember going into the Game Controller in the control panel and hit "Default" and the game loaded with no problem. Just a thought.
Piston Pusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft