Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime

Old 09-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Superbeef

Chime 28.8 million video

Hi guys!

I recorded a video. Hopefully some newcomers can gain from tips and keep up the heat on the leaderboards.

Most of my 70 hours has been spent on 3 minute Brazil, but a lot of the techniques of thinking about things can be applied to other stages.

. I like to apply sticks to the edges to fill out the tricky parts as the main blob grows from the top left corner. However this does result in a delay of thought and moving the cursor over to the edge, it seems to be working out well for me so far.

. Maintain a conscious effort on clean edges. (It's hard! but in stage 4 I do a pretty good job of it)

. Don't be afraid to clean up fragments that are about to die. You can often recover! There's a few places where I clean up 4 or 5 separate dying islands right as the sweeper is coming through.

. If you don't have a good spot to place a piece, *don't be afraid* to stick it out of the way and come back to it. A jagged edge is far better than a hole in the middle of solid blocks.

. Weird looking cases can often be solved by the M or U pieces. You'll get the hang of it.

. Keep a mental short list of holes you've left and the pieces needed to fill them. When you get a piece that fits it, you can hop back and drop it

When I first started out, 28.8 million seemed ridiculous. Now, I'm sure you can look at this video and spot all the mistakes and huge hesitations. Oh well. Here's to 50 million!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_4WeccCKs

Last edited by Superbeef: 09-27-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Superbeef

I'm now up to a 36.8 high score and can regularly score in the 30M ranges. The challenge now is to be more aggressive. Another video will come soon. Keep up the pressure fellow leaderboarders!
Superbeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime