Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Club, The

Old 05-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Hells High

POS!

This is a warning to anyone thinking about buying this game on Steam:

DON'T

As it stands, there are so many issues and so many players cannot even launch the game. I have ran through every single support list 3 times over and I still can't even get the SEGA logo to pop up.

I wish I'd bought this ing on disc, at least then I could get my money back...
Old 05-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
DvD_Playa

There is a demo out there somewhere. I would like to think MOST people would at least try that out first... common sense i think?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Nooka

Hmm, I love that and so what? Let people choose.
Nooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
mo5319

So you are saying you can't even launch the game. Is there anyone who can. If so, can that person tell me how many people actually play this game. Are there enough servers or is the game dead because of all these bugs? It's sad actually because I am considering buying this game as it probably will be $2,50 one day this week because of the SEGA WEEK SALES.
mo5319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
JGuerkinger

I had the same problems as you guys. So I tried a bit around myself, searched the internet for solutions and eventually got the game to work. So here is a little step by step guide how I got it to work (on Windows XP).

- If the game doesn't open at all means that you haven't installed the Games for Windows - LIVE Client on your PC. It is necessary for the game to open. Installer should be in
C:/ Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/the club/redistributables/Games For Windows - Live or just download the installer from the internet.

-If you don't have one yet, create an account for Games for Windows Live

-Now you should be able to open The Club through Steam. Enter the game and it will tell you that you can't save nor load nor play online because you're not signed into Windows Live. Press Enter and you will come to the Main Screen. On the bottom of the Screen should be some text that let's you open the Windows Live interface in-game. Log in with the account you created beforehand.

-The Game will tell you that you need to download an update before you can sign in. Let it download the update. After it finishes it will give you an error message. Now quit the game.

-Go to C:/Documents and Settings/<Username>/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/XLive/Updates. The Local Settings Folder is normally hidden so you may have to change your View Settings if you wanna see it. In there should be a bunch of folders. Just search the one which has The Club Data in it.

-Now copy the files to the respective folder overwriting the existing data.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the club
binkw32.dll
TheClub.dll
TheClub.exe
TheClub.exe.cat
TheClub.exe.cfg
updatehelper.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the club\image
gamedata.pak

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the club\image\ui\data\
UILua.bin

(The Folder which contains the Update Data may be in another place for Windows Vista and Windows 7. )

-Now enter the game through Steam, log into Windows Live and everything should work. At least it did for me.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Mistereveready

every game sega game i've purchased after the genesis version of sonic and knuckles has had some serious bugs. i don't have this game, but such issues don't surprise me.
Mistereveready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Volvi

If anyone has the update files to be able to do this (since it doesn't seem to work through GFW to update), any chance you could upload this? Not to mention my horrible achievement whorage being entirely irritated that now I have a game with 0 achievement points in my profile because it won't let me log in else it fails in its update
Old 10-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Treychik

UPLOAD FIX PLEASE!!!
Was it so difficult for steam to add this fix to the game files in downloading section? - THEY HAD THE WHOLE YEAR TO DO THAT!!! 4$ for nothing...
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Treychik

You can download fix from: PlayGround - I've checked it myself...but still can't try multiplayer :'( - can't find any players...
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
nejco

if any one want to play add me Nejc Fisher on GFWL and same on Steam you cant find players cause no one play it anymore
nejco is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Club, The