Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Faerie Solitaire

Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Subsoap

Subsoap
Arrow FaeSaga - New adventure game from Subsoap

We have a new game development called FaeSaga! It is a 2d adventure game inspired by the entire genre of adventure games (from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past to Secret of Mana to Crystalis).

The game is being developed openly (please don't judge anything too harshly it's all mostly filler art right now!), and we'll have a public alpha available at some time. We're releasing the tools first so this means modding the game will be possible from the beginning of its development. The game will most likely be made available on Steam at some point in time, but not until it's out of Beta, and that will be a long time from now (the game is just barely in Alpha right now.

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/FaeSaga

Development blog:
http://faesaga.blogspot.com/
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Kiya

Thanks for posting about this so early in development, it looks cool, and the blog is a very interesting read.

With the yet to be written sprite decorator - would we be able to create (with our own programs of course) then add our own animated sprites to the game? Or would there just be a stock number of your sprites to choose from?
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Subsoap

Subsoap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
With the yet to be written sprite decorator - would we be able to create (with our own programs of course) then add our own animated sprites to the game? Or would there just be a stock number of your sprites to choose from?
The tools will include most of the assets we create as we make and improve them, so you will be able to use them when you either mod the main game or create your own story, game modes, mini-games. You will also be able to include your own assets in modules and then distribute them so other people can play your creations from within the main game (having modules which just add mechanics or content to the main game, or add new game modes may be possible). We're trying to build everything as open as possible.

Disclaimer: This is the plan, but it may change.
Subsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Subsoap

Subsoap
New Blog Post: http://faesaga.blogspot.com/2011/02/...ting-pt-1.html
Old 02-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Subsoap

Subsoap
New Blog Post: http://faesaga.blogspot.com/2011/02/...n-masking.html
Old 04-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #6
Subsoap

Subsoap
New Blog Post: http://faesaga.blogspot.com/2011/03/...menu-pt-1.html
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
PixyJunket

Hello, big Faerie Solitaire fan here. I've been following the progress of the game over the Twitter feed and blog and I have to say that this is quickly going to become one of my most anticipated games. I'm extremely excited to see how it progresses.

First of all, somebody has amazing taste in video games. The blog post on menu design, you listed Crystalis, Ys, Lagoon, Soul Blazer and Zeliard, I am floored. Okay, so Zeliard was listed as for its confusing menu design but the fact that it was listed and that somebody else knows about this game fills me with joy.

Also, the blog post with the character sketches? If that's the style the game is going with I will be forced into gifting half a dozen or so copies around to share the rush of revisiting the best era of Japanese video games ever. No jokes.

If you guys are aiming for a Steam release, please don't forget about Steam Achievements and possibly Steam Cloud. These are great features and I'm befuddled as to how many developers keep skipping on taking advantage of them.
PixyJunket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
DJ Cryotek

Excellent! I don't understand why there are so few Zelda-style RPGs on PC, and I'm sure you guys will do a great job!
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
melkathi

So I take it that Faery Solitaire 2 we were promissed in the first game will come after FaeSaga?
melkathi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Faerie Solitaire