Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 10-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
Red15squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzygerald View Post
For those of us that don't know where to put the J2K config files, could someone say where they go?
C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey_en

You'll need to make hidden files visible first, though. If you're on 32-bit Vista or Seven, or XP, the (x86) won't be there.

Also, since I put JoyToKey in my Program Files folder, that part might not be there if you put it someplace else. If you just get to the VirtualStore folder, you should be able to find the JoyTokey one. It'll have .cfg files in it.
Red15squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
brianon

I have the same problem as others in that joytokey will not work for me in this game.

I set it up and it works fine outside of the game. But as soon as you run the game it doesn't respond. If I alt-tab out of isaac you can see joytokey working but alt-tab back and again nothing.

I have also used xpadder and the exact same result.

Using Win 7 btw with wired 360 controller. I can;t get used to the default controls at all.
brianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
brianon

For anyone unable to get joytokey working.... run joytokey as administrator (right click->run as admin) Sorted !

A thank you
Old 10-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #19
brianon

joytokey NOT working again this morning ? what the hell is going on with this game?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
Red15squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianon View Post
joytokey NOT working again this morning ? what the hell is going on with this game?
This is really odd, because I can't think of a single reason for it. All joytokey does is bind keyboard emulations to a controller. Therefore, if it works outside of Isaac, and your keyboard is working inside of isaac, there should be nothing else getting in the way.

I suppose it could be the kind of emulation Joytokey is using. Did either of you change it from the default? I just kept it at the default, and it works.
Red15squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
brianon

Well I have managed to get it to work again. It is something to do with the order in which you start steam and joytokey.

If you start steam and then joytokey -> no joy.
If you start joytokey (run as admin) and then steam. Its seems to work.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The