Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Laser Racer

Old 07-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Brian Chase

Multiplayer/Still loving this game

I just wanted to say I still play this game frequently and absolutely love it. I really hope others do as well and I would love to know if there is a sequel planned or another game from your company. If anyone ever wants to play add me because I'm always up for a good laser race
Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Brian Chase

Is there a possibility the Mac version will ever become available on steam play btw?
Brian Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
siread

A Mac version on Steam is unlikely at the moment due to some technical issues. It is available on Mac through www.NewStarGames.com though.

As for a sequel, I don't have any plans for one at the moment but maybe next year. I would love to hear your suggestions for new features.
siread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
nu1mlock

Sorry this might be somewhat OT, but I'm wondering how many people the multiplayer mode has support for?
nu1mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
paigeoliver

I seem to recall it being up to 8 players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu1mlock View Post
Sorry this might be somewhat OT, but I'm wondering how many people the multiplayer mode has support for?
paigeoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
nu1mlock

Thanks!

The video on Steam shows 12 players, but I'm guessing that's only available in singleplayer then?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
T@F

Just checked for you guys.
Seems like you can have 12 players in multiplay.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
nu1mlock

Thanks alot!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Brian Chase

Ok, I just spent a lot of time playing (its still one of my favorite games!) and I had a bunch of ideas in case a sequel ever does make it out of the gate. For one, the only reason Laser Racer was not the huge success it deserved to be was because it did not release with multiplayer. This was not a huge issue for me but many people in the forums immediately blew off the game for this reason. Adding it later was AWESOME but many people (jackasses) had already written off this amazing game so the sequel must launch with multiplayer (but I'm sure you guys knew that ). Nerf the shield (Well, I'm probably the only one who feels this way lol)! On to the big things I would love.

In survival races the outer forcefield needs to be turned off or optional. I love the idea of a survival race but I could never get a kill, I would hit someone and they would spin off the track and blow up a few seconds later. This was a huge turn-off in my opinion because it never felt like I was getting the kills (and I want to say the achievements agreed with me lol). I would also love to see specific maps involving survival as I think this mode might be a big draw to people and could work a lot better than it did. We need a weapon drop/release button, or better yet, have the tractor beam be releasable by the player since that is the only weapon you can't just shoot off (which would be the drop mechanic) because in many cases it will screw you over. If I could hold down the tractor and then release the beam before another ship runs me off the map it would make the tractor beam not only not suck, but rather awesome. As a hardcore gamer I really dislike how you can restart races in tournaments with no consequence. Basically, this messes with the achievement system, a system I consider to be offline multiplayer. See, the achievements allow you to compete with friends much like a leaderboard would, just in a more indirect way. I will probably never get the completionist achievement but many others will by abusing the restart function and it keeps the tournaments feeling like a string of quick races as opposed to an actual tournament. I think a big thing any indie game could use to its advantage is a play while you wait multiplayer function like we see in Street Fighter 4. I play laser racer a lot but whenever I check multiplayer it is empty and I'm sure a lot of other users still play and notice that as well. Now, if we could be playing quick races while waiting for another player to match with that could be a huge plus, even though it might be difficult to figure out for a game that has up to 12 players.

So that's all the big stuff I've got right now, otherwise the core gameplay is perfect. You could release the same game, same graphics, same ships, and give us some more tracks while fixing some of those issues and I would buy in a heartbeat! Thanks again for making a wonderful game
Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
cptgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by siread View Post
I would love to hear your suggestions for new features.
making the game playable for people like Hokum and me would be nice.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...6&postcount=24
cptgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Brian Chase

Have you tried all the usual fixes? Updating graphics card drivers, setting the game directory as an exception on whichever anti-virus program you're using, running the game in administrator mode? These are very common problems with lots of games so hopefully one of them will help, everybody deserves a chance to play this game.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #12
cptgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Chase View Post
Have you tried all the usual fixes?
thought i did... but i got it working today!
maybe it was this week's new driver, maybe it was my defragging the game files, i dunno.
cptgone is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Laser Racer